YC Royal Suite v. YC Duplex?

kh6275

First time YC’er. Platinum on NCL Haven. We are a family of 4 with two teens. Deciding between the Meraviglia YC Royal Suite on Deck 15 or the YC Duplex on Deck 9. I prefer the layout of the RS but like the 2nd bathroom in the Duplex. Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, kh6275 said:

First time YC’er. Platinum on NCL Haven. We are a family of 4 with two teens. Deciding between the Meraviglia YC Royal Suite on Deck 15 or the YC Duplex on Deck 9. I prefer the layout of the RS but like the 2nd bathroom in the Duplex. Thoughts?

I would select RS for a couple or  couple with small kids . ( no stairs)

Duplex has two stories.  Older kids might prefer this as parents are more “out of sight”.

Upstairs has bedroom and bathroom. Main has another bathroom and sofa beds.  Both have jacuzzi on balcony. 
Duplex is outside YC proper.  RS is in YC . Roaming the ship might be preferable for teenagers, as you need to walk to YC 

We have stayed in RS on Meraviglia 3 times. One thing that stood out was no table and chairs in cabin for eating . Used coffee table .

Happy Cruising

I debated the same 2 stateroom types and decided on the Royal Suite. I had already booked the Royal Suite and once MSC made the Duplex a Yacht Club suite (it used to be Aurea), I thought about switching. We're also a family of 4 and the 2nd bathroom was tempting. 

Neither balcony is great (the initial renderings for the Royal Suite balcony were much better) but I give the edge to the RS. Plus, you get a cabana on the sundeck reserved for you with the Royal Suite. 

4 hours ago, kh6275 said:

With teens, it's YC duplex gets the vote from us!