Concierge for 7 days on Fantasy - Worth it?

Debate

We've cruised with Disney 2 times before - never Concierge.  Planning a Halloween on the High Seas trip and considering.  Will be myself, husband and our 15 year old daughter.  Convince me the extra cost is worth it ....  I will be traveling 6 months after major foot surgery so shorter lines sound appealing.   Will our daughter see any of the benefits as well?  

Worth it is such a difficult thing to measure.  How much is the $ difference between a 3A (lowest Concierge cabin level) and a 4A (highest non-concierge cabin level)?  Is it double the price?  

At any rate, all passengers in the stateroom get the same benefits.  

We did Concierge on our honeymoon cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii because it was the only stateroom still available at the time we were booking. The cruise itself was great and Concierge gave some perks that were appreciated for our special occasion (early access to booking activities on board, free drinks in the lounge in the evenings, early seating and free popcorn at the stage shows), but those perks in no way justify the exorbitant price difference on most sailings. Other cruise lines include much more for suite-class staterooms (free laundry, free internet, free meals in the signature restaurants). I personally won't pay for Concierge on Disney again, but I may be in the minority considering Concierge is sold out on so many of their sailings. The Points Guy has a pretty good writeup about how he can recommend it for shorter cruises, if you want more details: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/disney-cruise-concierge-worth-it/

In a dollars and cents way, no it is not worth it. But I still do it. Why? I love knowing that I have an outstanding chance to get a cabana at Castaway Cay. I can know that I will get all the tastings I want. I know that I can book Palo and Remy multiple times with no worries(no limit in concierge). I can get private seating or requests in the MDRs if I choose. I get early access to the theatre for the shows. I won't miss out on any Port Excursions I want. I don't have to stay up until 12:00 midnight for an early boarding time since I'll enjoy priority boarding and disembarkation; the same is true for any bookings or activities on or off the ship. The lounge is very nice and I do enjoy a few snacks and adult drinks in the evening. I enjoy the private concierge area on the deck and also just a few feet away from the adult-only area. And lastly, the concierge team is outstanding. 

So money wise it may not be worth it compared to some other cruise lines. But Disney sure has a way of making an already magical time on a Disney Cruise just a bit more magical when in concierge. 

It depends on how much more and how full you think the cruise will be.  We cruised on Fantasy concierge years ago and we loved it.  They made special shakes or drinks for our daughter, the lounge was a few steps from our door so easy to get snacks without going far, no lines at check in or ports.  Less crowds and lines make our vacations much more enjoyable to we do value that.  With a healing foot, someone waiting on you hand and foot might be nice.  The private sun deck was nice to relax in quiet.  If you can swing it financially, I don’t think you would be disappointed.  Prices have gone way up since our last concierge trip (plus our family has grown) so I’m not sure we would pay for it anymore since I’d like more than one bathroom now with a family of five!