Size of verandahs on select M-class cabins

KnoxvilleSam

Per previous threads and posts, references are made to the extra-wide (large?) verandahs for some 2C class cabins on M-class ships. We're in Millie 6031 and 6033 for the June 19 cruise Venice to Barcelona, which purportedly have the larger verandahs. Just how much bigger are the verandahs? Wider? Longer? I've tried searching the CC message boards and can't get the information - maybe I need a lesson in how to conduct searches.

Thanks,

KnoxvilleSam

The cabins you have are the same as all the rest on that ship @ 38sq ft. remember a 2c cabin is the lowest cat balcony on the ship. Still you will love it as it is.

That's not true, 6031 and 6033 have balconies that are twice as deep. They would have about 76 sq-ft. Not all balconies are the same size, and the deck diagrams are not accurate.

Oppie - according to USHA, and to paraphrase George Orwell's Animal Farm, some 2C cabins are more equal than others. :) I hope USHA's right. Not that I won't enjoy whatever cabins we have, but twice the space would be nice.

KnoxvilleSam

:D Double sized balconies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C-6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,

We have had 7080 and it definitely is oversized. We have 7180 on Summit in May.

For sure, not all concierge-class verandahs are the same size. If size matters, you should avoid 8102 and 8108 midship on the starboard side. These cabins are next to Sky Suites and wedge-shaped and no more than 22 square feet instead of the ``standard'' 41 sf for CC cabins. I believe that verandahs on Deck 7 immediately below 8102 and 8108 also are skimpy.

Thanks for the reassurances. Not that we wouldn't have enjoyed the smaller balconies, but with the deeper ones we'll be livin' the life of Riley.

KnoxvilleSam

We are sailing Millennium in a few weeks time and are in cabin 6031 and yes the balcony is nearly twice as big as the normal ones.

Hope you enjoy your cruise, we will keep the cabin smart.

The cabins you have are the same as all the rest on that ship @ 38sq ft. remember a 2c cabin is the lowest cat balcony on the ship. Still you will love it as it is.

Larry, you just keep that 'lowest cat balcony' idea going and leave these huge balconies for the rest of us!! Having just enjoyed 6018, I can assure you that it is considerably more 'equal' than others (I mean lower, much much lower ;) ) For those of you interested in seeing how much larger these balconies are, do a search with '6018' and you'll come across lots of pictures.

Jayna K (who will definately be booking a lower C category again) :)

SharkieRools has it right, the first 8 2Cs on each side have double depth balconies on all 4 M- class ships. Actually first heard about this from one of the "professional" reviewers when we were researching Summit for an Alaska cruisetour (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). Did not get one that time but will have one on the Millie transatlantic leaving 4/30/06. Wish a little bit of the extra space could be in the cabin, but hey -take what you can get when it comes to extra space on a cruiseship! Regards DMC

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=274862&highlight=6018

Leesre - sorry for the delay in replying - I think you may have done a search on this thread that we're on now- you need to do a search on the Celebrity forum as a whole. All you need to type in is 6018 and 2 pages of links came up for me -... anyway.... try the link above. You'll find some pictures in someone's response that are helpful too. As well, I'll try to attach a picture of 6018's balcony when I get a chance. (sorry if it doesn't work - I'm not good at this)

ok - I think I can do this - the following link is a picture of the balcony of 6018. It is EXACTLY twice the depth of the balcony above it. - therefore the balcony above it overhangs it by half. It is approximately 8ft by 10ft in size and is more than large enough for 4 chairs and a table. The metal cladding you see is because 6018 is the middle of the three rooms that is surrounded by the metal cladding you'll notice if you look at a photo of the exterior of the ship. It does not hinder your view, but rather gives you a little extra sense of privacy to the low side. Jayna K

http://tinypic.com/ra5j82.jpg

http://tinypic.com/ra6qhh.jpg

NMTRAVELER, please post what you thought of 7180 when you return, we have that cabin next year on the Constellation in April - Had 7203 AFT balcony a couple of years ago on the Summit, it was fantastic, but not worth the $800 extra a couple that 7180 was for this trip. Hope you have a Great trip

Charlie

For sure, not all concierge-class verandahs are the same size. If size matters, you should avoid 8102 and 8108 midship on the starboard side. These cabins are next to Sky Suites and wedge-shaped and no more than 22 square feet instead of the ``standard'' 41 sf for CC cabins. I believe that verandahs on Deck 7 immediately below 8102 and 8108 also are skimpy.

Here's a photo of these on Constellation. 9100 looks like it has the worst of it, back to normal by 6108.

balconies.jpg.18ea41a085fd7b36b7c3a5b69b6b48a0.jpg

Archived