Another newbie question - Celebrity Constellation

MobiusHky

I say this every time, but just to be clear this will be my wife and my first cruise ever coming up in October.  I had a question about the gratuities.  The booking we did was the "all inclusive" which I know isn't exactly ALL inclusive.  No problem.  But when we have the gratuities package included, are there any additional gratuities added?  For instance, if room service is $9.95 + 20% gratuity, is that gratuity included in our package or is it in addition?  I'm not really a drinker, but being a bit left brained, I was wondering if I had a drink that was premium I read that we pay the difference plus gratuity.  So does a $2 upcharge become $2.40?  Or is that gratuity not added because we paid them up front?  Just want to make sure I understand which are part of the pre-paid and if there are any that aren't.  TIA.

Edited by MobiusHky

Those examples are additional. The gratuities that are included are the ones that are normally charged daily at a fixed rate and cover your room steward, wait staff and more.

The gratuities that are charged on top of drinks, room service and specialty dining are extra. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Those examples are additional. The gratuities that are included are the ones that are normally charged daily at a fixed rate and cover your room steward, wait staff and more.

The gratuities that are charged on top of drinks, room service and specialty dining are extra. 

That's what I suspected, but I wanted to be sure.  Thanks!  Is there a list somewhere on X's website that tells what's in and what's out?

Your AI package covers standard gratuities for your cabin steward/housekeeping and the main dining room staff. Your included drink package includes the gratuities on any covered drinks (but you do pay the gratuities on any difference if you get a higher priced drink). 

Any other gratuities for additional services you purchase are extra (specialty dining, room service, spa, etc.). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Your AI package covers standard gratuities for your cabin steward/housekeeping and the main dining room staff. Your included drink package includes the gratuities on any covered drinks (but you do pay the gratuities on any difference if you get a higher priced drink). 

Any other gratuities for additional services you purchase are extra (specialty dining, room service, spa, etc.). 

Thank you.  I think I'm getting it.  Anything that is included in the AI package we have is covered including drinks etc.  If we go outside our AI then gratuity is added on.  Should be easy enough to understand.

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth. we were on Celebrity Eclipse to Alaska in June and did not get hit for any extra gratuities. We often give our cabin steward extra if we are happy (almost) always) and the dining room staff were fantastic (special anniversary cake) so we gave them extra. 

Looking forward to this cruise and maybe meeting you there.