New Zealand - Nzeta

pjlegere

We are booked for a 39 night cruise from Auckland NZ to Vancouver, BC.  It is my understanding that we need an eta fot both New Zealand and Australia.  We have downloaded the apps. for both countries and have received our confirmation that our request was granted. My issue is that the app for Australia works great but the NZ app continueously shows "unexpected error" and I can't open it. I have tried several times to un-install it and install but to no effect. I can't get any help from the developer as they only seem to reply to comments that are favourable.  My question is if  I cannot get the app to work am I able to use the e-mail confirming

our status along with my passport.  Tne other couple we are traveling with as no issues.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pjlegere said:

We are booked for a 39 night cruise from Auckland NZ to Vancouver, BC.  It is my understanding that we need an eta fot both New Zealand and Australia.  We have downloaded the apps. for both countries and have received our confirmation that our request was granted. My issue is that the app for Australia works great but the NZ app continueously shows "unexpected error" and I can't open it. I have tried several times to un-install it and install but to no effect. I can't get any help from the developer as they only seem to reply to comments that are favourable.  My question is if  I cannot get the app to work am I able to use the e-mail confirming

our status along with my passport.  Tne other couple we are traveling with as no issues.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks

On the same cruise and had same issue, wife and other travelers in group all good. I went online to their web site and was able to input my confirmation # and validate my visa was good.  I plan on just giving my visa confirmation number since it shows up in their system as valid. 

I suspect your email is enough but for comfort I would go online and validate it.

We recently cruise through New Zealand and Australia as part of this year’s world cruise.  We never had to show anyone our approval on the app.  I had printed out the emails showing our ETA’s had been approved.  You really just need the numbers that are shown in the email when you complete some paperwork for HAL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2