silvery heeled shoes-no higher then 2 and half inches

momofmeg

Look for kitten heels in silver on Ebay, got some there and they are perfect for that high heeled look with someone who can't wear high

heels!

So they call that a "kitten heel"? I do like that height and to me they are very attractive-much better to wear that type of heel and stay dressed for the evening then to buy a pair of those spiky "killer" heels (no pun intended )that you can barely make it through dinner wearing.

I am to the point now-that I cannot wear the spiky heels 30 seconds even.

One good thing about my feet-I can try on a pair of shoes and walk around in them for like a minute at the most and I know if the shoes will be comfortable or not.

I do need the ones in leather also and not just the "kitten" heel-which seems to make it doubly hard-plenty of lower heeled dress sandals out there-just not in leather.

By th way -this is to one of the previous posts here-yesterday in Macy's I saw a pair of Chinese Laundry low heeled dress sandals in silver and leather. I did not realize Chinese Laundry did shoes in leather-I had seen plenty of that brand done in the clear plastic-I just assumed they did not do leather.

I really do not understand how even young women can wear those done in that clear plastic. I have seen young women wearing those and their feet had sweated and the shoes are actually "foggy" looking from where their feet had sweated-that has to feel miserable-even if you have young healthy feet. Gals do yourself a favor-don't buy those clear plastic heels-they may look "Cinderella" when you try them on-but realize your feet will sweat if you have them on for long and not only will you be miserable but just think how ugly that looks to others.

I really do not understand how even young women can wear those done in that clear plastic. I have seen young women wearing those and their feet had sweated and the shoes are actually "foggy" looking from where their feet had sweated-that has to feel miserable-even if you have young healthy feet. Gals do yourself a favor-don't buy those clear plastic heels-they may look "Cinderella" when you try them on-but realize your feet will sweat if you have them on for long and not only will you be miserable but just think how ugly that looks to others.

Funny story about those. When I was shoe shopping for my Senior Prom (4 years ago now!), those shoes were just becoming popular. I thought they were so cute and wanted to try a pair on. Well, the first pair I tried on, my feet fogged them up. It didn't take me more than 30 seconds to take them off and I didn't try on another pair. Mom and I can still have a good laugh about that shopping trip!

Funny story about those. When I was shoe shopping for my Senior Prom (4 years ago now!), those shoes were just becoming popular. I thought they were so cute and wanted to try a pair on. Well, the first pair I tried on, my feet fogged them up. It didn't take me more than 30 seconds to take them off and I didn't try on another pair. Mom and I can still have a good laugh about that shopping trip!

You "lucked out" then-that your feet did it quickly instead of you wearing them out to your prom and then looking down say 30 minutes after getting at the prom and discoveing your "foggy" feet.

I know you are too young probally to remember the "jelly shoes" but they were most UNCOMFORTABE things- say after wearing them for an hour or so-since they were opaque-you did not see "the fog" but you sure felt it.

You "lucked out" then-that your feet did it quickly instead of you wearing them out to your prom and then looking down say 30 minutes after getting at the prom and discoveing your "foggy" feet.

I know you are too young probally to remember the "jelly shoes" but they were most UNCOMFORTABE things- say after wearing them for an hour or so-since they were opaque-you did not see "the fog" but you sure felt it.

LOL...I had those, but in my defense, I was young and didn't wear them often!

LOL...I had those, but in my defense, I was young and didn't wear them often!

I wore them alot when I was PG with Meg-she is about your age-so that TELLS you how long ago that was-my feet were so swollen then that I needed a larger size and they were inexpensive to buy- (like $5 or less)we had NOTHING back then- they were not much better then my reg. shoes-as far as comfort went-I would have done just as well to wear too tight shoes. Fortunately Meg was a July baby so I went barefoot alot from April on- that year!

You might try Lane Bryant and Roaman's online. They carry shoes suited for plus sizes, so less spike heels but more wider sizes. Very affordable as well.

I guess you have not read my whole post-I found the shoes and my feet are a 7 and a half C-so I do not have plus sized feet- I have diabetes and must be careful of what shoes I buy because of that.

I did say to Ehpride that 22 years ago when I was pregnant that my feet swelled really bad and I had to take bigger shoes. Also once I had my daughter-I wore sz.7and half c or sz8 B. Before my pregnancy I wore a sz 6 and a half or sz 7. So pregnancy did cause my feet to get one size bigger. They have not got any bigger in the last 22 years. I still wear that size.

I wear a sz. 10 in clothing for the most part-although sometimes I take an 8 and even a 6 because of "vanity" sizing in more expensive clothing-but still I am a long ways from be "plus sized". (body or feet)

By the way-I have seen many a plus sized woman in very spiky heels-so I do not understand your saying plus sized woman can't wear spiky heels. If they are in good health and young it should be no problem.

Sorry I was responding with my wider shoes suggestion more to the lady who was pregnant, with swollen feet. She mentioned buying a bigger size for fit. I just thought keeping her normal size and going wider might help.

And of course plus size women CAN and SHOULD wear spike heels if they wish or are comfortable in them. Again, thinking more of the young lady who was pregnant.

Didn't mean to step on any toes..........so to speak..*smile*

You can buy ballroom shoes in variety sized heels, but they are expensive, and they have a suede bottoms. I never wear my ballroom shoes outside. Anyway if that is the route you want to go... I buy mine at backbaydancewear on line and you can return them as long as the not worn outside.

Sorry I was responding with my wider shoes suggestion more to the lady who was pregnant, with swollen feet. She mentioned buying a bigger size for fit. I just thought keeping her normal size and going wider might help.

And of course plus size women CAN and SHOULD wear spike heels if they wish or are comfortable in them. Again, thinking more of the young lady who was pregnant.

Didn't mean to step on any toes..........so to speak..*smile*

but that was me-but I am not PG now. (I am over 50) That was 22 years ago! I was just telling Ehpride the story of wearing those cheap jellies that were popular back then-I wore them because they were cheap-but they were NOT comfortable-ofcourse back then at least, I had youth on my side so I could deal with discomfort a little better.

But it is good advice-maybe it will appply to someone who is currently PG.

Archived