silvery heeled shoes-no higher then 2 and half inches

momofmeg

Have any of you seen this type of shoe anywhere? I would love a pair of silvery dresss shoes. I can't wear the spiky heels and I also must have leather shoes. I am interested either in a low heel slide or with a strap that goes around the ankle-My ankles are small so a back strap never works I end up stepping on it.

Have any of you seen a shoe like this. I bought a very pretty minit green satin top that has silvery crystal buttons-I need some silver shoes for that top!

I don't know where you are located, but see if you can find a ballroom dance shoe store in your area. They're designed to stay on your feet no matter what you do, and come in everything from 1 to 3-1/2 inches. I found a nice pair of silvery ones with a 1-1/2 inch heel. They are sturdy without being frumpy, at least I think so!

I was looking in mid-January for Noordam's inaugural last month & had a really hard time. Apparently silver is a "holiday" item. Then I went to ebay. Heaven. Found an exquisite pair that I just loved but had to return because they were too big (for shoes I was only willing to buy new & from a seller willing to take returns). I did eventually find another pair locally but it was tough (here in rural southern DE there just isn't that much shopping).

Good luck & enjoy your cruise. Silver shoes sound perfect with your outfit!

Do you have a DSW nearby? That's where I found my silver heels.

Ehpride-I think we have one in our mall and I am pretty sure I checked there-the cute sexy strappy ones they had plenty-I just can't wear them anymore.

I don't like to by on-line or mail order as I MUST try the shoes on-I have diabetes and shoes that SHOULD be comfortable are not necessarily on me.

I have seen plenty of those clear vinyl ones with silver touches - but there is just NO WAY I can wear them-my feet would sweat too much and I would be in miserable pain-I must have leather for that reason-leather will "breathe"-but thanks everyone-I will just keep looking-I do have time-I haven't booked my next cruise yet and the cruises we are looking at will not be until the fall/winter.

If anyone else has an idea I would appreciate it-I will check the yellow pages for a ballgown store- ( from the post from the gal in CA) I have never heard of one around here-but there is a bridal shop I know of-maybe possibly there? Thank you for all your responses.

s.gifTouch Ups Tracey

(model no. 60707) (CT15-60707)

Our price: $49.00

6pmImgZoomArrowsDown.gif

60707_35022_2321_0.jpg

I spent weeks searching every store for silver shoes that weren't too high! I found these at www.6pm.com I love them! They have 2 1/2 inch heels (maybe 1/4). What really makes them easy to walk in is the heel is wide and not spikey, but the shoes look very elegant and dressy. I chose this from 3 pair that I thought looked great.

Momofmeg, you said you can't purchase through the internet due

to foot problems.

But Zappos has an excellent return policy and lots of the shoes

have free shipping.

I took a peek and they have TONS of silver shoes.....all

heels too.

Check them out. Just put silver shoes in and your size and heel

type as well.

LOTS of choices come up.

Good luck.

Oddly, I haven't seen much in silver leather. Gold & bronze leather, yes, but not silver.....I'm heading to DSW after work today so I'll take a peak for you:D

I did find some silver leather pumps on HSN that were 2 inch heels-but like I said-I like to try them on-because a shoe which should feel comfortable does not always feel that way on my feet. I really wanted a dressy slide sandal-but at least these would look good with that top-so I may order them-the worst would be I would have to make a trip to the post office to return them I guess.

Well, I didn't see anything at my DSW yesterday. Lots of silver satin & beaded (including a couple of low slides) and some Chinese Laundry styles that looked like leather, but alas were manmade:( Good luck!

Yep I cannot wear that Chinese Laundry" cheapo stuff-they kill my feet-I am ordering those pumps at HSN-not really what I want-but if they feel good on my feet-they will do.

They are kind of plain-but I figured I could buy some costume crystal earrings and clip on them.

Well, I didn't see anything at my DSW yesterday. Lots of silver satin & beaded (including a couple of low slides) and some Chinese Laundry styles that looked like leather, but alas were manmade:( Good luck!

We have a DSW here in NY and I went there last week for the first time. I wasn't impressed. Lots of cheap shoes, like Chinese Laundry - which didn't seem to be a great bargain, last year's $50. "full retail" shoes now "on sale" for $40. Doesn't seem like a bargain to me. Also, the smell from all the plastic shoes was overpowering. I couldn't even stay there for long.

I then went to their better shoe area and that was a huge disappointment. Designer shoes from 2+ years ago that were only about a third off. So $600. shoes now for $400. when I could get them at a classy place like Sak's or Bergdorf's at the end of the season for $300.

I saw a cute pair of Cole Haan sandals that last summer were $175 in Sak's & Bloomingdales and then were marked down to $90. by September. Now DSW is selling them for $110.

Not my kind of place, but I know plenty of people like them. Guess that's why Ben & Jerry make so many flavors!:)

Yep I cannot wear that Chinese Laundry" cheapo stuff-they kill my feet-I am ordering those pumps at HSN-not really what I want-but if they feel good on my feet-they will do.

They are kind of plain-but I figured I could buy some costume crystal earrings and clip on them.

Zappos has some choices and shipping including returns are free.

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/color/22/d/722000224/heel_height/3/show_all/1/page/1/bar/1.html

Ehpride-I think we have one in our mall and I am pretty sure I checked there-the cute sexy strappy ones they had plenty-I just can't wear them anymore.

Try DBW again in about a month. I got my dressy sandals there, too, and they are super comfy with the wider heel and strappy look.

When they start to get their "mother of the bride/groom" Spring and Summer outfits in stock, then they have the good sandals, too. Try again.

Try DBW again in about a month. I got my dressy sandals there, too, and they are super comfy with the wider heel and strappy look.

When they start to get their "mother of the bride/groom" Spring and Summer outfits in stock, then they have the good sandals, too. Try again.

Okay I will check them out again. We also have a shoe store called Rackroom shoes-every once in a while I find something there. I did check out the Loehmans "Smart Bargains" site-they had nothing except the sexy spiky heels that NO WAY can I wear.

I will check out that Zappos too. I guess If I have to return the shoes it is not too bad-as far as "free shipping" goes-I am not so worried about that-look at all the money we spend in gas going back and forth looking for stuff. we spend it one way or the other anyway.

Over the years I've bought more at Rack Room than at DSW, but that's just because Rack Room has been in my area longer;) I'm really not too much of a shoe fanatic anymore......I prefer to buy online, once I've tried on a brand in person to know how it fits....

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did order those pumps-I was not compeltely happy with them-not only because they were a pump instead of a dress sandal but also because they were the new pointy toed style-that are made so your toes do not go in the pointy part , the pointy part is like anothe inch and a half past your toes. Because my feet have widened over the years-I take a 7 and half or 8 instead of a 6 and a half. I know the new pointy toes are more comfortable but they make my feet look huge-I am only 5'4" and in those shoes my feet looked bigger then the rest of me. You know- sort of clownish.

But I was going to keep them anyway-until I went into Marshalls this week and found EXACTLY what I really wanted-a pair of low heeled silvery dyed leather dress slide sandals with a 2 inch heel and also a tiny pretty crystal decorative buckle on them.

They will be perfect with the mint colored satin formal top I bought that had the beautiful crystal and sliver buttoms on it.

Instead of my formal black skirt that I thought I would wear with that top I plan to wear that satin black salsa skirt I found at Goody's-so I am ready for my Caribbean Princess cruise-too bad it is still 6 months away!

Jane I did appreciate that link you sent on those other shoes and I will be checking that site for sales on good comfortable shoes-these were just so cute and exactly what I wanted and I did not have to mailorder again for them so I could not pass them up. Several pairs (from your link) looked like they would have worked including that "Inga" and the "Renee" pair. But like I said I found this pair in Marshalls and I could try them on before buying them.

thanks everyone!

by the way-for those of you who have cruised Princess-in particular the Carribbean Princess-do they have an informal or semi-formal night?

Archived