P&O?

shuyak

Hi, although this is the fourm for Australia & New Zealand Cruisers, I gathered there are many experienced P&O cruisers perhaps I can ask the questions here.

We came across some P&O's good Norway itineraries from UK with quite attractive pricing, compared to major cruiselines here in the USA market.

Read reviews on line, but would love to hear the opinions from fellow CC about how is P&O compared to cruiselines in AU/NZ market such as Princess, Norwegian, Holland American, Cunard, etc.?

We are budget conscious and low maintenance in terms of room/food/ entertainment but will not hesitate to take unique experiences (such as flying over Mt. Delani).

It appears that here in USA we need to call P&O to book.  Not sure what other options there might be to hopefully get some better pricing and/or perks in addition to offered by the cruiseline?

Also saw its mandatory insurance coverage for " all UK guests".  Kind of strange - assume because it is UK based cruise?  We always purchase insurance anyway, just are not familiar the products offered by P&O's partner.

Appreciate any thoughts you can share!

I would actually ask over in the UK forums.

When people here say P&O, they mostly are referring to P&O Australia, which is a completely different line from P&O. P&O Australia is basically Australia's Carnival. Good prices, good for families, reputation for being party ships.

As losfp advises P&O Australia and P&O UK are separate cruise providers, they offer different cruise experiences.

P&O Australia are a cheaper priced no frills line, mostly for young adult demographics.

While P&O UK is more equivalent with Princess cruises from what I have be told.

Regards

Just now, shuyak said:

@losfp and @Ozwoody, thank you both for the info! 

Apologize for my ignorance - should have digged deeper before ask.

Nothing to apologize for, asking questions is how we find out.

I haven't travelled on P&O UK but many that have tell me that it very similar to Princess.

P&O Aust has positioned itself to fill a nitch here.

• Thanks 1

• Shuyak, I have cruised PO UK on their Norway 7 night cruise before Covid on PO Britannia.  They are now using PO Iona for this cruise.  We had a fantastic cruise, happy with everything on offer from room to food.  We ate mainly in the MDR and buffet,  we definitely wouldn’t hesitate to cruise with them again. But this year we have opted for longer Norway intensive cruise on Azamara.  I don’t think you will be disappointed with PO UK.  Our TA here in Australia booked this cruise as I believe booking direct with PO UK is cumbersome for those not residing in the UK.
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for sharing your experience and feedback!  We are interested in its only 16 day itinerary hopefully with more chances to see northern light.

I have tagged along/followed up with a thread in the P&O Cruises (UK) with the same questions.  Will also re-post the questions in the UK board.

Thank you again and happy planning and cruising!

Edited by shuyak
  • Like 1