Private Tour from Holyhead

safarigal

Did you ever consider renting a car and driving around yourself?  We did a British Isles cruise several years ago and Wales was one of our favorite stops.  We rented a car through Hertz right at the port and drove around ourselves.  We went in June and it was very easy to get around.  We found fantastic hikes (Rhoscolyn isn't to be missed), beautiful beaches and a little restaurant that served the best sticky toffee pudding I've ever had.   Note: I tend to shy away from tours offered through the cruise lines and will instead either explore the port on my own or book private tours.  

1 hour ago, miranda0228 said:

Did you ever consider renting a car and driving around yourself?  We did a British Isles cruise several years ago and Wales was one of our favorite stops.  We rented a car through Hertz right at the port and drove around ourselves.  We went in June and it was very easy to get around.  We found fantastic hikes (Rhoscolyn isn't to be missed), beautiful beaches and a little restaurant that served the best sticky toffee pudding I've ever had.   Note: I tend to shy away from tours offered through the cruise lines and will instead either explore the port on my own or book private tours.  

Yes, we have driven around this area several times in the past when the kids were young. I have to admit it, but we feel that we really don't want to do the driving ourselves any more, especially on those narrow roads, and on the wrong side of the road. I guess we are getting to be fuddy duddies! We would rather not do a ships tour or a coach tour as we would like to customize it. I hope we can find a reliable driver - especially as that sticky toffee pudding sounds like a plan!

On 2/22/2023 at 7:18 AM, safarigal said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a private tour guide for 4 people for the day in Holyhead? We would rather not take a coach tour if possible. Thanks!

www.busybus.co.uk    We booked with Busy Bus a Wales Tour from Holyhead in 2019  7 hours English pound 49 per person. Unfortunately because of very stormy weather we could not dock in H.  Received 100% refund from BB and I did not forget that. So, if ever ....etc.

On 2/23/2023 at 5:10 AM, MAVIP said:

www.busybus.co.uk    We booked with Busy Bus a Wales Tour from Holyhead in 2019  7 hours English pound 49 per person. Unfortunately because of very stormy weather we could not dock in H.  Received 100% refund from BB and I did not forget that. So, if ever ....etc.

Thanks!