Pacific Explorer Staterooms 8216/8218 Round Australia 2024.

anjo

Evening Cruisers,

Not sure if I should post on P and O forum or if it's ok on here.

Seeking info on 8216/8218 on Pacific Explorer(was last on her as Dawn Princess) know lots has changed. Just swapped from 11043 to one of these staterooms. Really wanted to be on Deck5 but it is what it is. Have I made a mistake? Worried about noise from Black Circus below on Deck 7.

Anyone had experience in these cabins? 

Anjo.

Hi Anjo,

I can't specifically answer for those cabins. One thing that hasn't changed since her Dawn Princess days is the cabins. New bedding & carpet but the rest of the cabin will seem very familiar.

There may be a bit of sound spilling, but the cabins are above the bar and there should be no major speakers directly below those cabins. The plus is that Black Circus is quiet for much of the day.

Hi Anjo.

When is your Cruise?

We are going on March 13th and are in cabin 

8208 which is next to one of your cabins I can let you know how it goes but that won't  be until the end of March as we are on a 14night cruise. I believe we  could hear the bell of the lifts when they arrive on the floor.

Thanks Zanny 

On 2/23/2023 at 9:58 AM, Zanny said:

Hi Anjo.

When is your Cruise?

8208 which is next to one of your cabins I can let you know how it goes but that won't  be until the end of March as we are on a 14night cruise. I believe we  could hear the bell of the lifts when they arrive on the floor.

Thanks Zanny 

On 2/23/2023 at 9:58 AM, Zanny said:

Hi Anjo.

When is your Cruise?

Thanks Zanny 

Hi Zanny, 

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Not sailing till June 24, 32 days around Australia. Normally sail Princess, worried about dining and entertainment.  I believe P&O only change menus every 3 days, photos posted of meals don't  look particularly appealing, even in Waterfront restaurant. I wondered if it might be different on a longer cruise.

Any comments helpful.

Regards Anjo.

Hi Anjo

Haven't sailed p&0 for 7 years. The 5 ships I n Sydney harbour.   About 5 years ago became elite on Princess how ever Haven't  been on there since so haven't  been able to get any benefits from that yet.

I will see what this ship brings. I believe  they are all much the same every ship has good or bad points.Any cruise is a good cruise imo

Regards Zanny

On 2/24/2023 at 11:00 AM, anjo said:

Hi Zanny, 

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Not sailing till June 24, 32 days around Australia. Normally sail Princess, worried about dining and entertainment.  I believe P&O only change menus every 3 days, photos posted of meals don't  look particularly appealing, even in Waterfront restaurant. I wondered if it might be different on a longer cruise.

Any comments helpful.

Regards Anjo.

P&O has better entertainment overall compared with Princess, IMHO. Yes, dining is a bit repetitive, but you can mix it up for dinner between Waterfront, Angelo's and Dragon Lady which will help. That doesn't extend to breakfast and lunch though, and as much as we aren't fans of buffet or pantry, we mix it up there. Waterfront is closed for lunch on port days, so the pantry is the only included option for lunch on those days anyway.

Throw in a night or two at Luke's for a highlight, if your budget allows.

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

P&O has better entertainment overall compared with Princess, IMHO. Yes, dining is a bit repetitive, but you can mix it up for dinner between Waterfront, Angelo's and Dragon Lady which will help. That doesn't extend to breakfast and lunch though, and as much as we aren't fans of buffet or pantry, we mix it up there. Waterfront is closed for lunch on port days, so the pantry is the only included option for lunch on those days anyway.

Throw in a night or two at Luke's for a highlight, if your budget allows.

On P&O we were a bit surprised to find the Waterfront open for lunch on port days where tenders were used. It was on our fairly recent cruise anyway.

• Like 1