Room Attending goes to Once a Day

On Serenade this week. After room steward made up room for embarking, he came by to ask what else we needed and we never saw him again that day. So, did they double the room stewards salaries and rooms since they only do rooms once a day?

4 minutes ago, Garmy44 said:

On Serenade this week. After room steward made up room for embarking, he came by to ask what else we needed and we never saw him again that day. So, did they double the room stewards salaries and rooms since they only do rooms once a day?

While I am not certain, it is my understanding that they are still having issues getting enough employees thus they are reducing shrive to once a day and giving them more rooms. This way all the rooms are taken care of minimally, which is better than none at all.

This has me wondering if this is the reason behind the dining room changes as well. Where you used to be able to get multiple entrees and special requests, but now you are limited to 1 on certain cruise lines. Also, the more limited menus that we see on some lines.

Covid has taken a toll on the cruise industry. If you look back at the beginning, all of these people, most from other countries, were all sent home and basically had no work or money to support their families, so they were forced to find something else. I think many of these people realized that they liked "'something else" better than working on the cruise lines and have stuck with it, thus the cruise lines are struggling to get staff now that ships are running 100% capacity again.

Just thankful the cruise lines were able to hang on and we can cruise once again. 🙂