Cruise on NCL from NY

macfam5

We are looking at a cruise out of NY, I think I read NCL leaves from the Manhattan cruise terminal. 

We will be flying from Canada two days prior and will have a full day in NY

pre cruise so any advice on;

Hotels and what are the must do’s/sees ? 

What airport should we fly into ? 

Best (Easiest) way to cruise terminal ?

Never have been to NY before so please any advice would be appreciated.

10 minutes ago, macfam5 said:

We are looking at a cruise out of NY, I think I read NCL leaves from the Manhattan cruise terminal. 

We will be flying from Canada two days prior and will have a full day in NY

pre cruise so any advice on;

Hotels and what are the must do’s/sees ? 

What airport should we fly into ? 

Best (Easiest) way to cruise terminal ?

Never have been to NY before so please any advice would be appreciated.

Yes, NCL uses the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

There are literally hundreds of hotels in Manhattan so you need to decide on an approximate budget. Prices can vary a great deal by season and day of the week.

Along with hundreds of hotels there are many, many places you can go. What are your interests? Museums, Broadway theater, historical sites, architecture, restaurants ? it would be a good idea to do some reading first to get an idea of what might interest you.

You can fly into any of the airports...LGA, JFK, EWR . Check first for airfare and scheduling. I'd look at LGA first for the ease of getting to Manhattan, but any of the three could be the best choice for you. There are numerous forms of transportation from the airports to Manhattan: Taxi, Uber/Lyft, car service. There are mass transit options that vary depending on the airport although I'm always reluctant to recommend mass transit if you're burdened with a lot of luggage.

From your hotel in Manhattan to the cruise terminal taxi or rideshare service (Uber/Lyft) .

• Like 1

As horseman suggests, we need LOTS more info from you to help.  Budget.  Dates.  Who "we" are (Senior couple? Family with 4 kids? 3 Sisters?)

Must Do's?  In NYC?  If you don't already have a list of things you want to see in NYC, get a guidebook (online is fine) and see what works for YOUR group.  For me it's theater, dining, and long walks.  For others it's museums, shopping, and observatories.  Etc etc etc

Which airport depends on price and schedule that work for you

Getting to terminal depends on where you are starting from.  Cab, uber, walk are all possible

• Like 1