Cabins QE

Down-Unders

Avoid Port Side !  the areas between 4148 through to 4178. These are directly above the Britannia Kitchens . Although I've haven't experience these cabins on QE , I have experience these cabins on Q.Victoria . 

Never again , avoid at all costs , noise at all hours directly from the 'kitchens below'. 

Starboard side deck 4 Aft is preferred , these cabins are above the upper level of the restaurant there is NO noise from the restaurant.  

9 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Avoid Port Side !  the areas between 4148 through to 4178. These are directly above the Britannia Kitchens . Although I've haven't experience these cabins on QE , I have experience these cabins on Q.Victoria . 

Never again , avoid at all costs , noise at all hours directly from the 'kitchens below'. 

Starboard side deck 4 Aft is preferred , these cabins are above the upper level of the restaurant there is NO noise from the restaurant.  

Very many thanks as I was unable to get a satisfactory answer from travel agents  including Cunard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Down-Unders said:

Very many thanks as I was unable to get a satisfactory answer from travel agents  including Cunard.

That's the beauty of these forums and cruisecritic many on here have first hand experience of the onboard product and the brand, unlike booking agents sitting behind their computer  who have probably never stepped foot onboard a ship . 

19 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

That's the beauty of these forums and cruisecritic many on here have first hand experience of the onboard product and the brand, unlike booking agents sitting behind their computer  who have probably never stepped foot onboard a ship . 

Thank you totally agree!

1 hour ago, Down-Unders said:

Bell Boy I have made a mistake posting, could you please help me with cabin 7136 on the QE there is a  white block out opposite this cabin ?

Those 'White areas' are usually access areas for the use of Crew members only,  often with  stairs ( or a service lift) down to the next level.  The only time you will notice any activity in this area is on embarkation day when guest luggage arrives onboard before being delivered to the staterooms .  It should not cause you any alarm . 

A white area on deck plans can also indicate the steward/ess  pantry/closet  used for the storage of bed linen, towels etc.     

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Those 'White areas' are usually access areas for the use of Crew members only,  often with  stairs ( or a service lift) down to the next level.  The only time you will notice any activity in this area is on embarkation day when guest luggage arrives onboard before being delivered to the staterooms .  It should not cause you any alarm . 

A white area on deck plans can also indicate the steward/ess  pantry/closet  used for the storage of bed linen, towels etc.     

Again very many thanks, the ship is nearly full, V333 Barcelona to Singapore so our choise is limited.

3 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

Sounds like you will be on the same cruise as us.  We are on Barcelona to Melbourne.  There is a roll call titled Barcelona to Fremantle - Oct 23 but it does not have much activity at the moment.

We have not been away since the start of COVID so really looking foward to getting back cruising.