Anyone used Bonaire Landsailing Adventures?

jenn117

Hello!  It will be our first time to the ABC islands in November (on Celebrity Beyond).  I saw this company on Viator, which I have never booked with but usually book my own excursions (not with the cruise line).  I saw blo-karts on display at the Mystic Seaport and said I was going to try it one day. Bonaire is the first port I have seen them available at.

Any other tips/unique must sees for these three islands would be appreciated.  TIA!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 2:40 PM, Daycare Provider said:

We will be doing the land sailing in April.  I write a review when we return.

Thank you so much - I will keep an eye out for that.  Have a great cruise.

Let me know if you have any questions. This is my business and I'm happy to respond to any queries you might have. Lots of reviews are written by cruisers here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g8655349-d14157514-Reviews-Landsailing_Adventures-Rincon_Bonaire.html

And we'd love to see more people commenting on Cruise Critic, so thank you for starting the conversation!
Donna

• Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 2:40 PM, Daycare Provider said:

We will be doing the land sailing in April.  I write a review when we return.

On 2/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, jenn117 said:

Hello!  It will be our first time to the ABC islands in November (on Celebrity Beyond).  I saw this company on Viator, which I have never booked with but usually book my own excursions (not with the cruise line).  I saw blo-karts on display at the Mystic Seaport and said I was going to try it one day. Bonaire is the first port I have seen them available at.

Any other tips/unique must sees for these three islands would be appreciated.  TIA!

On 2/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, jenn117 said:

And ... you don't have to book through Viator. There is direct booking on the website: https://landsailingadventures.com/booking-activities/.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blokartsailing said:

This is my business

We absolutely loved your excursion when we stopped in Bonaire. If we ever cruise to Bonaire again we'd do it again in a heartbeat! It was so much fun and also a very unique experience for us. The crew working there were great. 

When we first showed up I was hesitant (afraid it might be dangerous) and when they gave the safety speech and explained we'd be riding for 45 minutes I thought "What in the world am I going to do for 45 minutes going in circles around this track?" But it FLEW by and I would have stayed even longer if I could have! What a fun activity and we thoroughly enjoyed it. As for the danger, once the crew explained how the carts worked and what to do in different scenarios, any hesitation I had evaporated and my time on the track was full of enjoyment! I just didn't want to be the first person to go down. 🤣 I'm proud to say I didn't roll over at all.* The carts were very controllable and exciting and fun to operate. 

*Due to the design of the carts you don't actually roll over like upside down. You just sort of tip to the side and the crew comes over and sets you back upright. Off you go again! 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 6:33 PM, blokartsailing said:

And ... you don't have to book through Viator. There is direct booking on the website: https://landsailingadventures.com/booking-activities/.

Thanks for all the information! We will definitely book direct, as that is our preference.
I have a few smaller trips before our cruise in November so I haven't really started looking into what we are going to do yet. This has been on my bucket list since I saw them at Mystic Seaport so we will see you mid-November for sure!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 5:48 PM, blokartsailing said:

Let me know if you have any questions. This is my business and I'm happy to respond to any queries you might have. 

I saw on the website it is one hour.  Is that in addition to the instructions/safety speech mentioned by others?  There is an option to purchase this through the cruiselines, but it says it's 2 hours.

Just now, dlphn501 said:

I saw on the website it is one hour.  Is that in addition to the instructions/safety speech mentioned by others?  There is an option to purchase this through the cruiselines, but it says it's 2 hours.

The drive from the pier takes about 15 minutes, then the briefing about 15-20 minutes, then helmets and gloves and into the karts another 5-10 minutes, sailing about 45-50 minutes (you won't want longer, as your hands will get tired), then cold drink and a debrief another 15 minutes and 15 minutes back to the ship. So, the whole excursion takes 2 hours.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:16 AM, FlyingAnchor said:

We absolutely loved your excursion when we stopped in Bonaire. If we ever cruise to Bonaire again we'd do it again in a heartbeat! It was so much fun and also a very unique experience for us. The crew working there were great. 

When we first showed up I was hesitant (afraid it might be dangerous) and when they gave the safety speech and explained we'd be riding for 45 minutes I thought "What in the world am I going to do for 45 minutes going in circles around this track?" But it FLEW by and I would have stayed even longer if I could have! What a fun activity and we thoroughly enjoyed it. As for the danger, once the crew explained how the carts worked and what to do in different scenarios, any hesitation I had evaporated and my time on the track was full of enjoyment! I just didn't want to be the first person to go down. 🤣 I'm proud to say I didn't roll over at all.* The carts were very controllable and exciting and fun to operate. 

*Due to the design of the carts you don't actually roll over like upside down. You just sort of tip to the side and the crew comes over and sets you back upright. Off you go again! 

We love hearing from people who were initially hesitant then end up having the best time! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. And rest assured, they rarely tip! And you're right, when they do it isn't a big deal and ... "off you go again!"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We had the best time on this excursion a couple of weeks ago.  I was nervous until the first lap was completed.  After that it was game on…..  I had a total blast and so did hubby.

The driver met us promptly at the port.  While on the drive we heard about the history and culture of Bonaire.

The staff is very pleasant and professional.  All geared is well cared for.  Cleaning of used equipment is addressed immediately.  If we ever fin ourselves back on the island of Bonaire we will go do this excursions again.  Before we left our driver at the port we gave her a nice tip for the crew.

IMG_3634.jpeg

IMG_3632.jpeg

IMG_3631.jpeg

IMG_3635.jpeg

IMG_3633.jpeg

• Like 2