If a child turns 12 during the sailing, can you book them in a Havana room with an adult?

Eli_6

So, I was looking at this one sailing very, very tentatively.  Carnival has a rule that I can book my kids in an inside room directly across the hall from my husband and I. (Don't worry, my kids won't be running amuck as: 1) we probably won't sleep like that, and 2) they are way better behaved and more polite than I am so if you are going to worry about someone, worry about me.)  They also have a rule you have to be 12 and up to be in a Havana room. If I booked this sailing I would want to be in a Havana room because it has lots of sea days.  There is not a Havana balcony room directly across the hall from inside rooms...only catty-cornered (look at 8467and 8465 on Pan to see what I mean).  So, I have two questions: 1) If my son turns 12 DURING the voyage, can he be booked in a Havana room?  In other words, do they determine age at start of sailing or on the last day of sailing?  I know for pregnancy purposes, it is last day of sailing.  2)  What do they consider across the hall?  I would assume 8467 and 8465 wouldn't fly, but I am not sure...

Edited by Eli_6