Local bus in Ravenna?

Fishboy1947

I just read on another site that there is a local bus, route 90, that goes from the Ravenna port, Porto Corsini, to the Ravenna train station which is near the church mosaics. The cost is indicated to be 3 euros.

This would be good news for our overnight stay. I’ve read that Celebrity will have shuttle buses for the same route but this would be an alternative option.

Can anyone confirm this bus? Any additional information? Where do you get the bus in relation to the cruise port?

I searched but couldn’t understand the schedule and whether it was practical 

Interesting.  I’m doing a B2B turnaround day in Ravenna and am looking into my options to get into Ravenna to see the mosaics that day. 

I found the bus company timetable and routes website here.  You can see it in English by clicking on the Italian flag in the upper right and change that to the UK flag. 

https://www.startromagna.it/en/timetable-and-services/timetables-and-routes/

I searched for route 90 and downloaded the Ravenna schedule PDF.
https://www.startromagna.it/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/start_libretto-ravenna_estivo-2022.pdf

On page 85/86, you see the stops for route 90.  The stop in Porto Corsini is named Porto Corsini Traghetto.  Using Google maps, I was able to find that bus stop on Via Molo S. Filippo. 

what I don’t know is where the ship docks.  Do you know where that specifically is in the port?

Edited to add:  

Based on https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/ravenna-port-261

it looks like the cruise ships dock fairly close to that bus stop.  Maybe a couple ship lengths away.  I don’t see any obvious security fences or obstacles preventing a walk from ship to bus station, but that could have changed. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

Here's a Google map showing where the ships dock (Terminal Crociere) and where the bus stop for bus 90 is.

image.thumb.png.c7a580b645880befd8f4771e8be6b84e.png

I recall that there is a fence around the immediate port area so I think you have to follow one of the two routes marked (thick gray line or blue dotted line). The bus stop is where the small bus icon is shown, just west of where the blue dotted line stops. 

According to Google a 6-minute walk, but I usually find Google's walking estimates are on the fast side, so I'd allow 10 minutes.

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1