Tabyana Beach excursion with Snorkeling - Gear included?

Shaz14

Going on the Oasis in a couple of weeks and I booked a beach break at Tabyana Beach in Roatan. I selected the excursion with snorkelling and lunch. After I did this I saw a YouTube video where the creator said that a snorkelling guide is included but not the snorkelling equipment and that the gear needs to be rented separately. Is this true? It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I would assume if I booked the excursion with snorkelling that I would get the gear but it doesn’t say either way in the excursion description.

Edited by Shaz14

• Shaz14 changed the title to Tabyana Beach excursion with Snorkeling - Gear included?

I cannot say for sure but a review I read on tripadvisor said that they had to rent gear like paddleboads and snorkeling gear and recommended bringing your own snorkel gear to save money.  We are on the Oasis in a couple of weeks and will be sitting 5 feet away from you on the other side of the rope sectioning off the "Tabyana Beach" area from the rest of West Bay Beach.  We will take our own snorkel gear and snorkel the exact same place you will snorkel.  It is an amazing beach to visit and snorkel (but can be done for 1/4 the price that the cruise lines charge for Tabyana Beach for the same experience).

8 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I cannot say for sure but a review I read on tripadvisor said that they had to rent gear like paddleboads and snorkeling gear and recommended bringing your own snorkel gear to save money.  We are on the Oasis in a couple of weeks and will be sitting 5 feet away from you on the other side of the rope sectioning off the "Tabyana Beach" area from the rest of West Bay Beach.  We will take our own snorkel gear and snorkel the exact same place you will snorkel.  It is an amazing beach to visit and snorkel (but can be done for 1/4 the price that the cruise lines charge for Tabyana Beach for the same experience).

How will you get there? Can you pick up a cab at port, any idea in fare? Or will it be a shuttle? Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, wrldtrvllr said:

How will you get there? Can you pick up a cab at port, any idea in fare? Or will it be a shuttle? Thanks. 

You can take a cab there.  Also no, that excursion does not include equipment.  However if you dont have your own stuff the ship excursion may be better as it provides transportation, lunch, and chairs.  

On 2/25/2023 at 8:10 AM, wrldtrvllr said:

You can just grab a cab at the port.  I have no ideas on pricing since the last time we did it, it was over 10 years ago.  

We have booked a private tour with Victor Bodden tours in 2 weeks for our group of 22 (he is giving us a 29 passenger bus for the day.  They offer private tours where he takes you to the beach and offers other add-ons if you are interested in them, but he also has set tours you can join as well, many ending up exactly where you want to go.  https://www.boddentours.com/roatan-fun-n-sun