Oasis changes/getting nervous

2 hours ago, SilkySal said:

The worst issue was when I sat on the accessible folding down seat in the shower and it collapsed to the floor with me on it! Long story short, I needed to pull the cord to get some help. No, I do not weigh the max of 350# for the seat. Anyway, I just had a few bruises and soreness. DH is a great handy man and, in his opinion, the bolts were too small and not long enough; they had also rusted. RCCL is very lucky that it was me that fell and was not hurt bad. Hopefully, RCCL's staff had each and every folding down seat checked out to make sure they are installed safely! Yes, this was also submitted in my survey.

Can you please share the cabin number? I would like to ensure it’s not one we have booked soon. Thank you 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

My brother in law is a gastroenterologist.  He unfortunately has treated many patients with this condition.  Of course he will do a stool sample and send it out tomorrow 

Yikes.  Of course they still won’t necessarily know what food it came from if they find anything like ecoli.  I tell you those are brutal moments in time. I’m sorry they had to endure that.  I’ve had it happen my fair share of times.  Its horrible.  

4 hours ago, SilkySal said:

We recently finished our B2B on Odyssey. Staff were all great! We had a couple of hiccups, one being no enforcement of the "no smoking" zones, both inside and outside, on board for the entire first week; however, better enforcement was noticed for the 2nd week. DH has lung issues and we had to keep moving out of areas where someone was sneaking their puffs. Very annoying.

The worst issue was when I sat on the accessible folding down seat in the shower and it collapsed to the floor with me on it! Long story short, I needed to pull the cord to get some help. No, I do not weigh the max of 350# for the seat. Anyway, I just had a few bruises and soreness. DH is a great handy man and, in his opinion, the bolts were too small and not long enough; they had also rusted. RCCL is very lucky that it was me that fell and was not hurt bad. Hopefully, RCCL's staff had each and every folding down seat checked out to make sure they are installed safely! Yes, this was also submitted in my survey.

We ate in the MTD room every night on the first week, and only dined in specialty restaurants and CK during the 2nd week. The food in the MDR was always good to great but never inedible. The specialty venues were superb, which is what we paid for, so will definitely try to dine specialty going forward or at least use our BOGO amenity for 2 nights. The filets in all venues were delicious! On our future cruises, if I don't care for the MDR menu, I will just order my favorite filet from Chops, which has a reasonable upcharge IMO!

To answer the question, will we continue to choose RCCL for future cruises? Most definitely yes,  even with the seat falling disaster (that's why it's called an accident). We have 10 future cruises booked with RCCL and look forward to all of them! All of the cruise lines are experiencing problems. The only other change I will make is to have DH check out that d*** seat before I decide to sit on it! LOL! Happy cruising and cheers to all of our cruising buds!!

Wow.  The shower seat situation is crazy.   That is quite scary to be honest.  Most using such a chair could be seriously injured by such a fall.  I have no idea why they have screws that could rust in a shower or why such a chair isn’t inspected at varying points in time.  

So glad nothing serious happened.  

Edited by topnole
  • Like 1

We just came back from Anthem (2/12/23-2/19/23). This was our 4th post opening cruise, 0asis 9/21 Anthem 3/22 Celebrity Equinox 9/22 and this one. The other three were great this anthem trip not so much. We agree with food selection and quality issues. We let them know on the survey, I think it goes to staffing levels and training. Now that they are filling the ships they cannot provide top notch service. The cutbacks also don’t help. They should only fill the ship to the level the quantity of staff can handle.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lrm1964 said:

We just came back from Anthem (2/12/23-2/19/23). This was our 4th post opening cruise, 0asis 9/21 Anthem 3/22 Celebrity Equinox 9/22 and this one. The other three were great this anthem trip not so much. We agree with food selection and quality issues. We let them know on the survey, I think it goes to staffing levels and training. Now that they are filling the ships they cannot provide top notch service. The cutbacks also don’t help. They should only fill the ship to the level the quantity of staff can handle.

Agree...I have done about 5 now since the reopen including the very first sailing of the reopening out of north America  . The early sailings were all very good/excelent....ships were sailing at around 50%...some of the early ones at only 30%....these were some of the best sailings I have done...got spoiled....service was excellent....food had some substitutions but was good...staff was thrilled to be back...all seemed good. Where the problem started was when they went to full capacity...around the same time they started the cutbacks....staff shortage for full ships....not happy feel among staff...food decline...rising prices...it is like a perfect storm...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sgmn said:

Interesting, as a very frequent cruiser, will you continue to book Royal Caribbean if the food is so bad ?  Glad you've pointed it out in the surveys 

Luckily food isn't the reason I cruise. In the mass market cruise industry, it's happening everywhere, cost cutting, food quality, staffing issues, housekeeping reductions, and the list goes on. 

I still love to cruise - the ports, being at sea, nightlife and entertainment, the whole social thing.

I have 22 cruises with Royal booked and do not have any plans to cancel or change them. 

Now, should prices skyrocket beyond my comfort zone, I may have to re-assess future plans.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

$50 dollars a day!? What cruise are you seeing those prices on? All of my cruises for the past several years have been $185 per person, per day (or more) for a regular balcony cabin. I know I'm booking on the higher end of prices because I sail holidays, summers and prime spring weeks, but I can't imagine the price difference for sailing a less desirable time is that much.

September 3, 2023, Oasis out of Bayonne: was able to book 7 night for an assigned interior cabin. I made the booking on November 30, 2022, for two people including taxes, port chargers for $990.  I check the prices every day and thought the website had a 'typo' since it was significantly cheaper than RCI website through mock bookings.

I found out through my TA that a block of rooms was released by the Travel Agency and the price was legit. I immediately booked. Three days later, the price went back to RCI website pricing.  Current price for cabin next to mine if assigned is $2,240.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Can you please share the cabin number? I would like to ensure it’s not one we have booked soon. Thank you 

They repaired the shower seat a couple of days later. DH tested it out and now it is "very sturdy" and he does not think it will fall off the wall again. The bolts are twice the width/length and the silicone around it should hold it in place for a very long time. If I were you, I would really prefer to have that room again vs ones that may not have been checked out. Our room was #8242, which I consider now to be the best accessible JS of all of them! Happy cruising and cheers!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2023 at 7:33 AM, kruzerci said:

at least one night where only a movie was shown in the theatre rather than a show. 

I wasn't impressed with the entertainment on Enchantment last August.  They had the same comedian for two nights.  He wasn't good enough for one night.  Then they had RC singers and dancers.  They had another entertainer, but I went on an excursion so I don't know how he was.  I'm hoping entertainment is better on my next cruise. 

On 2/25/2023 at 8:06 AM, firefly333 said:

It can be any ship. On liberty last spring a bunch of us got a stomach problem. Over 50 all got sick the same night. Quite a few went to their doctor and at least one tested positive for e coli. Unfortunately I was on a b2b. I tried to report it onboard and was brought by a Mdr guy to the front desk to talk to someone. He shouted at me it was impossible there was anything wrong with their food or they wouldnt have been allowed to sail. It had to be cozumel. Personally I didnt get off in cozumel,  only roatan where I didnt eat or drink anything.  Over 50 getting sick friday night and posting it on one roll call is beyond my experience. I'd assume many more who didnt post.  

Quite a few tried to call rcl and also met with resistance.  Not covid we dont follow those stats. But thanks. 

Then dec I did another b2b and got a respiratory something and sick for 3 weeks. 

Tbh I'm dreading my oasis cruise march 12. Hoping my luck gets better. I've been trying to feel more excited. My luck lately hasnt been too good.

I’m feeling lucky and would be willing to take your cruise off your hands…😂