Masks re: navigator

hippyman

I'm booked on the Navigator up the Amazon in March, but I have come across some concerns. I spent 3 months in the hospital after an accident when I was a kid and I have PTSD when it comes to masks. How prevalent are they on cruises now?

I can't speak (yet!) for the Navigator as we're on the Amazon adventure in March too, but we're just off the Splendor. Yes, there was a smattering of masks being worn. Absolutely no issue that I heard of with anyone who chooses to wear one. If you'd like to wear a mask, I think  you'll be totally comfortable with that option. 

I believe that mask policies depend upon the governments, your own, the government where you join the ship, the government where you leave the ship, and the governments of the ports you visit.  The policy on the ship is in line with what the governments request or require.  I know that the requested/required masking and social distancing changed last spring when you entered EU waters. I have not heard of any current masking requirements for countries visited on the Amazon cruise currently, but you can call Regent and ask, remember that the governments can and do change their policies often with little or no notice.  I am currently watching the requirements for Japan in April.

We were on Splendor a few weeks ago and saw no more than two people out of over seven hundred wearing masks.  In all six ports of call we saw no masks.  I packed a few just in case we needed them but it was never even mentioned.  Covid and masking were a non event on that cruise.

I think you’ll be okay.

• Like 2