Zip & Dip Damajagua Adventure

jolyroger

Hey there y'all question about an excursion.

So hubby and I booked the zip and dip (waterfalls and ziplining) in D.R. for our upcoming cruise . Booked through Carnival as we had before .

Now looking at reviews they are now saying you aren't allowed to jump in the water as we previously were able to. You now have to go down stairs in order to get into the water. now when we had done this very excursion in the past there was the option now there is none. Anyone have a clue why?  We did read that if we wanted to it was better to book outside of Carnival because they allow you to jump in the waterfalls.  Thanks for any feedback.

We did the falls last summer and jumping wasn't allowed. Instead we slid down the rocks into the water below.  If you didn't want to slide there were ladders/stairs you could use. I assume it's a Carnival Liability issue, because there were other non-cruise groups that were using the jumping platform. 

11 hours ago, StacyKMN said:

We did the falls last summer and jumping wasn't allowed. Instead we slid down the rocks into the water below.  If you didn't want to slide there were ladders/stairs you could use. I assume it's a Carnival Liability issue, because there were other non-cruise groups that were using the jumping platform. 

Yeah thats what we were thinking too. Before the whole pandemic we booked the waterfalls last minute through the cruise line and were able to jump or go down the stairs. Definatly a lot of fun.

• 7 months later...
On 10/13/2023 at 1:29 PM, Ofmyheart said:

I don't want to jump or slide but family does, are there steps at all of the falls??

Yes, there are steps/ladders at all the slide points we went to on the carnival excursion.  Some did look a little difficult to maneuver.  When we went, there was an elderly gentleman that went with his family.    With some help from the guides, he was able to maneuver down them all. 

• 3 weeks later...