In cruise mode too soon....

NoShoes2

We are 4 weeks away from our cruise, but I am already in cruise mode. Travel, pre and post hotels are already booked. Onboard stuff has already been booked. Docs have been received, luggage tags are ready.... now we wait. 

I'm already in cruise mode, which I'm okay with, but I'm not sure how my boss feels about it.

What do you do to pass those last weeks and days before the cruise?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 10:41 AM, NoShoes2 said:

We are 4 weeks away from our cruise, but I am already in cruise mode. Travel, pre and post hotels are already booked. Onboard stuff has already been booked. Docs have been received, luggage tags are ready.... now we wait. 

I'm already in cruise mode, which I'm okay with, but I'm not sure how my boss feels about it.

What do you do to pass those last weeks and days before the cruise?

A few weeks from cruise time, my travel partner and I are just watching YouTube videos about cruise ships and the nuances of the cruise ship we are going on! Some channels like La Lido Loca and Cruise Radio have daily news so we stay abreast on the goings-on every evening.

I bet by the time we go on the cruise, we'll feel like we've already been there for weeks!

Edited by yocrui5e
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I don't have a cruise booked (plan to in May) and I'm already thinking about how to pack better next time, e.g. no cotton T's in the Caribbean heat and humidity.

Nine months isn't too early to get a hotel.  I reserve early and recheck periodically.  

PM😀

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been fighting off short-timer's since February, and now that we're 2 weeks out, resistance is futile. 🤣 My husband and I are watching countless cruise videos on YouTube.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 6:47 PM, bassmk said:

I have been fighting off short-timer's since February, and now that we're 2 weeks out, resistance is futile. 🤣 My husband and I are watching countless cruise videos on YouTube.

The month before our last cruise we were watch the sail aways on the port webcams! 

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes, if we're really craving the feeling of being aboard, I get the washer and dryer both going, and we sit in the room just above them, perhaps with a coffee or evening beverage, and imagine we are "asea", hearing the hum of the engines and feeling that bit of vibration.

Not as good as the real thing, though.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm still 405 days out from my next cruise and I've been perusing CC, TA and any other site I can find trying to figure out excursions.  Next I'll start looking at airfare and hotel/airbnb (probably in March/April) so I can get those booked early and maybe save some $$.  Plus I just discovered the webcam for the Norwegian Viva, so yeah, it's harder and harder to get my work done to pay for all of this!

It'll be the first cruise for my boyfriend and my sister's boyfriend, so it'll be extra special.  Hopefully we'll get them hooked and we can cruise more often as our budgets allow.

8 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

I'm still 405 days out from my next cruise and I've been perusing CC, TA and any other site I can find trying to figure out excursions.  Next I'll start looking at airfare and hotel/airbnb (probably in March/April) so I can get those booked early and maybe save some $$.  Plus I just discovered the webcam for the Norwegian Viva, so yeah, it's harder and harder to get my work done to pay for all of this!

It'll be the first cruise for my boyfriend and my sister's boyfriend, so it'll be extra special.  Hopefully we'll get them hooked and we can cruise more often as our budgets allow.

Just 5 more days for us now! This is the first of my 3 days for work this week. My productivity is definitely suffering...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nancy1031 said:

wait til you get back, you'll have the post cruise blues and won't feel like doing anything!!!!

Right?!?! We have found that booking another cruise before we get off helps. 

• Like 1