Carnival Horizon

Crazy4Cayman

We have cruised on the Horizon four times and love the ship!  Our last cruise was Dec 2022.  We have another trip scheduled on the Horizon at the end of April 2023.  The food has always been good.(with the occasional dislike but not everyone likes everything).  The staff has always been courteous and professional.

Just remember that people are generally more likely to leave negative feedback than positive feedback, and that goes with just about everything in life. For every negative review that you read there are 100 positive experiences that do not get reported. 

I wouldn't rely too much on reviews that always say "Worst Cruise Ever" and in the details they find small things to complain about like rust, the cabin steward forgetting to leave a requested bucket of ice, or a stain on the carpet or maybe someone's steak was slightly overcooked. If you look for small things to complain about you can find plenty of them. 

You'll enjoy Horizon. If you can afford it in your budget make sure to get a Havana area cabin. You will not regret it!

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Crazy4Cayman said:

We are planning on taking our first cruise in 12 years later this year. We've watched several YouTube videos of the ship and it seems nice. Then I came to cruise critic to read reviews and they aren't so nice. Is the food/service really that bad? 

Wife and I did Horizon about 18 months ago, right after they returned to sailing.

We had a spa balcony.

We both loved that ship. Nice layout, good size, not too much. After just doing a week on Celebration, and thinking back, I think we actually preferred Horizon over Celebration. Both have great points. 

If I was on a 14-day+, Celebration all the way.

On a 7-day, totally good with Horizon and Vista class

• Like 1

We sailed the Horizon in July 2022 and loved the ship.  I second the recommendation to get a Havana cabin - even a Havana interior gives you access to quiet outdoor space reserved exclusively for Havana guests.  We did mostly specialty dining and had no issues with the food.  

3 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Just remember that people are generally more likely to leave negative feedback than positive feedback, and that goes with just about everything in life. For every negative review that you read there are 100 positive experiences that do not get reported. 

I wouldn't rely too much on reviews that always say "Worst Cruise Ever" and in the details they find small things to complain about like rust, the cabin steward forgetting to leave a requested bucket of ice, or a stain on the carpet or maybe someone's steak was slightly overcooked. If you look for small things to complain about you can find plenty of them. 

You'll enjoy Horizon. If you can afford it in your budget make sure to get a Havana area cabin. You will not regret it!

I agree, we had a Havana Aft last month and loved it. Food is always complained about here, we never had a problem finding something we like. Only ate twice in MDR, it was ok. Some things were better than others. Loved the Pizza and Salad Bar, Cuban Sandwiches, Trash Can Nachos and Guys Burgers. We loved the Ship and wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.

4 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Wife and I did Horizon about 18 months ago, right after they returned to sailing.

We had a spa balcony.

We both loved that ship. Nice layout, good size, not too much. After just doing a week on Celebration, and thinking back, I think we actually preferred Horizon over Celebration. Both have great points. 

If I was on a 14-day+, Celebration all the way.

On a 7-day, totally good with Horizon and Vista class

I booked a spa balcony for our anniversary in May and really looking forward to using the thermal spa area. Do you recall what the hours were? We mostly sail on Royal and are looking forward to trying something different! I agree with what the OP said, though-there has been a lot of negativity in regards to food and other things. But an FYI to everyone on the Carnival boards-it’s the same or possibly even worse over on the Royal forum. I guess I’m just not that picky and can always find something I like to eat, drink, or do on a cruise.