Arrive Early Question

dmacleod

My wife and I are taking our first cruise in June. We embark in Ravenna Italy and wanted to go in a couple days early. The NCL doesn't have any rooms left in their hotel block and tells me I can book a room myself, but am responsible for getting there and then to the port. My problem is that they can't tell me what airport we will be flying into so I can't get an idea of how much transport would cost or make arrangements for it. If its going to cost hundreds of dollars to get from the airport to the hotel we will just arrive on departure day and let NCL cover the transport cost and make the arrangements. The other issue is that I'm not an experienced world traveler and don't have any idea how to figure out transportation from airport, whichever it ends up being, to hotel. I assume the hotel can help me figure out how to get to the port on departure day.

Any ideas or advice? 

4 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

I don’t see a cruise embarking in Ravenna in June on the NCL app.  Which ship and date?

It is June 9 and shows as Venice (Ravenna) on the itinerary. My understanding is that they don't allow ships to port in Venice anymore so it embarks in Ravenna and then the first stop is Venice.

2 minutes ago, dmacleod said:

It is June 9 and shows as Venice (Ravenna) on the itinerary. My understanding is that they don't allow ships to port in Venice anymore so it embarks in Ravenna and then the first stop is Venice.

Where would you like to stay on the 2-day precruise?

4 hours ago, dmacleod said:

There is no stop in Venice.

That’s why you’re departing Ravenna - Venice doesn’t want you.

What the O/P is asking is what Airport do you think NCL Air will be using for arrival into Italy. 

I would suggest it is Marco Polo Airport - Venice, however you really should confirm this with NCL Air.