Fly cruise flight ticket?

etruriaguy

Hi Everyone. 

I hope this really isn’t a silly question, but, do we just need our cruise confirmation paperwork(boarding pass) when we go to the airport to fly to Barbados? 

I can’t find any info at all on the P&O website so thought I’d ask here.  We are flying from Birmingham to join Arvia on March 17th. 

Thanks in advance n happy cruising everyone. 🙂 

Yes, as it's a chartered flight, you won't need separate flight tickets. When you check in at the airport, the check in clerk will just ask for your passport and possibly your P&O boarding pass for the ship. This happened on Azura in January for me flying from Gatwick.

I'm joining you on Arvia on 18th March 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, swanseaboy said:

Yes, as it's a chartered flight, you won't need separate flight tickets. When you check in at the airport, the check in clerk will just ask for your passport and possibly your P&O boarding pass for the ship. This happened on Azura in January for me flying from Gatwick.

Since you did one on Azura did you fly into Tenerife? Just wondering what the process is as I'm on a chartered flight but don't know if I need to collect my bags before the group transfer or not? 

I assume it will be clear when we get to the arrivals section to find the group transfer as well? 

30 minutes ago, rhysprice2 said:

Since you did one on Azura did you fly into Tenerife? Just wondering what the process is as I'm on a chartered flight but don't know if I need to collect my bags before the group transfer or not? 

I assume it will be clear when we get to the arrivals section to find the group transfer as well? 

Yup, it was a Jet2 chartered flight to Tenerife from Gatwick. You will check in as normal and collect your suitcase at Tenerife airport on arrival. Then you go out to meet your coach - it is clear and there are reps looking out for you. When you hand your suitcase over to the coach driver, the next time you see it will be in your cabin. Easy. 

It did suprize me that Tenerife airport is quite a distance from Santa Cruz. Around a 40 minute coach transfer. All good though. They've got it down to a fine art. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swanseaboy said:

Yup, it was a Jet2 chartered flight to Tenerife from Gatwick. You will check in as normal and collect your suitcase at Tenerife airport on arrival. Then you go out to meet your coach - it is clear and there are reps looking out for you. When you hand your suitcase over to the coach driver, the next time you see it will be in your cabin. Easy. 

It did suprize me that Tenerife airport is quite a distance from Santa Cruz. Around a 40 minute coach transfer. All good though. They've got it down to a fine art. 

Hi, 

Thanks so much for the reply, I've been going in circles with my agent getting mixed input from P&O directly. 

On 2/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, swanseaboy said:

Thanks from me also, I was getting a little worried that I had not received any flight tickets for my upcoming  Gatwick to Barbados flight.

On my last cruise, a TA Southampton outbound return by plane,  I was sent a "flight notification" email before the cruise so I felt at least I had proof of a flight booking. Then I actually received my return flight ticket whilst onboard Arvia.

For my next cruise I only have my ship Boarding Pass and no emails, so I am a bit more reassured by your post. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GOQ said:

Thanks from me also, I was getting a little worried that I had not received any flight tickets for my upcoming  Gatwick to Barbados flight.

On my last cruise, a TA Southampton outbound return by plane,  I was sent a "flight notification" email before the cruise so I felt at least I had proof of a flight booking. Then I actually received my return flight ticket whilst onboard Arvia.

For my next cruise I only have my ship Boarding Pass and no emails, so I am a bit more reassured by your post. 

If this is with P&O the info should also be listed in the flights section of your personaliser. 

10 minutes ago, rhysprice2 said:

If this is with P&O the info should also be listed in the flights section of your personaliser. 

Yes I realize that but the flights section just lists "Gatwick date time"-"flight number"- "Barbados date time". It's nice to have an actual flight ticket/email confirmation.

I am quite nervous really 😬 and it was just nice to have confirmation that the ship boarding pass will do.  

11 minutes ago, GOQ said:

Yes I realize that but the flights section just lists "Gatwick date time"-"flight number"- "Barbados date time". It's nice to have an actual flight ticket/email confirmation.

I am quite nervous really 😬 and it was just nice to have confirmation that the ship boarding pass will do.  

Ah ok, no worries. 

I didn't get anything from P&O directly but I did get a Air Notification from my travel agent. 

If you booked directly with P&O it might be worth trying to call them and ask, I've found their wait times on the phone quite good recently.