Help a seasoned cruiser getting on a new ship introduce a new cruiser to Majestic Princess

iamaqt2

Hi all,

I've been on so many Princess ships I sometimes forget which ship I'm on.  But this time I'll be on the Majestic Princess and taking a first time cruiser with me.   
Help me remember what are some of the must dos for first time cruisers, and particularly this ship.  The Hollywood Conservatory especially through Alaska intrigues me.

I hope you did a "refer a friend" program.

Embarkation lunch

When I took my sister on her first Princess cruise, I started with the Lido Deck forward to aft.  Settled in for a nice drink for sail away.  Then we hit Elite/Suite/Platinum happy hour.  I slowly introduced the Piazza on the way to dinner.  Didn't want to overwhelm her with too many locations.  Saved Deck 7 for another day.

Find a sea day to enjoy Tea Time.

Be sure to point out bathroom locations on all public decks.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

Hollywood Conservatory is very fun...the Majestic also has some interesting murals for photo backgrounds on the upper deck.

Make sure they know which places are included in the fare i.e. international cafe,  alfredos & room service...it was several cruises for me before I realized they were available to all. I always encourage people to try all the dining options early in the cruise because tastes vary & it is sad to discover your favorite the last day & feel like you missed out on something you would have loved to have more of. Tea is fun at least once a cruise. 

I always 'walk the ship' on embarkation day...even if I've sailed it before but especially a new one...it helps me feel like I know where I am...I don't remember if the majestic has different colored carpet for port & starbord but if it does that is a haelpful tip.

that's probably enough for now

• Like 2