Are Cucina del Capitano and ChiBang going to continue to be free on Celebration?

mrschrod

I am looking at two different cruises, and wondering if anyone knew if Cucina del Capitano and ChiBang were going to continue to stay free into 2024. I know they are free now, but wasn't sure if that was a short term move or long term.

Thanks!

Carnival hasn't committed to it forever I don't think. But it pretty much has to be forever because the regular dining rooms on the ship aren't near big enough for the number of guests the ship accommodates.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

Carnival hasn't committed to it forever I don't think. But it pretty much has to be forever because the regular dining rooms on the ship aren't near big enough for the number of guests the ship accommodates.

People keep saying this, but how many tables would they really be short? Personally, I don't think they change it back. It creates a value perception that could allow for higher ticket prices. 

15 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

People keep saying this, but how many tables would they really be short? Personally, I don't think they change it back. It creates a value perception that could allow for higher ticket prices. 

I don't know, I haven't actually counted. The set time dining room is quite small on excel class, but the anytime dining room is fairly large but not large enough for the better part of 6000 guests. Considering that a lot of cruisers these days eat in specialty dining (steakhouse) and on Lido, they might be able to do without the included Chibang etc if they really wanted to. But like you said it is a value-add for these new ships so I don't think they'll change it either.