Muse Alaska Recommendations?

wanderingnsw

Don't expect the food in Indochina to be anything like the locals we have here.   It is my favourite no reservation restaurant on Muse though.

As suggested Kaiseki does amazing lunches and if you let them know ahead they will be able to get things like agedashi tofu ready. (It wasn't on the menu last time I was onboard)

Your biggest issue is likely to be the no kid snobs. (yes they exist) ...  just ignore them, it's American Summer... and if your kid behaves they will be fine.  She sounds like my 2...  one of the joys with having good local restaurants rather than chains means kids have a wider range and are exposed to more foods.  

You may want to be careful with the oysters though..... mine got to like them a little too much 😉

They will set up a kids club in the Card room IME id she wants to meet others.

You may be surprised with her desire to hike, its a new place with different things.  My 2 used to go nah.. through the Royal National Park, but once we got into a new terrain, eg Austria, they were all systems go. Most 5yo who don't want to walk at all will be too heavy to be carried IME (ie over the 22kg weight) or they have been the ones in a pram/pushchair/stroller until they started school.

You will have a great time... enjoy

2 minutes ago, gcornell said:

Is Kaiseki open for lunch again?  When we were on last summer it was closed. Some said staffing issues but not really sure. 

Kaiseki was open for lunch on our cruise that we just left in Singapore - lovely sushi and sashimi 

7737D46A-A030-4F65-9CC3-FF6092AC0465.thumb.jpeg.c5ab4e586bc5d8213b71b3a2b160a87b.jpeg

• Like 1