Entertainment Books 50% Off

beachchick

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the info. I went to the site and checked it out, and it looks pretty good.

In your experience, are these entertainment books much better than the 'Gold' and 'This Week' coupon books available on the islands for free? It would be $12.99 to order (plus $10 rush shipping for me so it gets here before I leave), so I'm trying to figure out if it's really worth it for me. I'll be cruising the islands for a week on POAM, so lodging's not an issue, and I've already arranged for my cars. I imagine we'll eat most lunches off the ship, though.

Thanks again.

Oh yes, they are not the same thing as the Gold and This Week coupon books. First, they include car rental discounts, air, cruise, hotel, and nationwide coupons. You don't need hotels in Hawaii, but there are discounts on hotels worldwide. Second, the coupons are much better and there are far more of them. Did you check out the sample coupons online? That will show you some what's available. Gold and This Week are great, but not at all in the same league in terms of discounts and value.

Even though you already have your car rentals arranged, you might want to check out the rates using the Entertainment Book discount codes. We had gotten good discounted rates last year; then we bought the book (50% off); I went and checked the rates with the EB codes and saved well over $100 on one car rental just by switching from the original discount to the EB discount.

beachchick

If you go to the Entertainment website, you can pull up sample coupons. For example, there are discounts on activities such as snorkeling, whale watching (in season of course), PCC, and luaus (for ships that overnight or if you come into HNL early or stay over after the cruise). There are also coupons for tons of places to eat if you're off the ship and want lunch. There are a bunch for snacks, such as shave ice. There are also ones for shopping (percentage off or freebie with purchase or $$ off).

beachchick

Thanks to this post I got in on one the other day for $12.99. I think I read that it has a coupon in it for a discount at Germaine's where I want to book our luau pre-cruise. Should I just wait until I have the coupon in hand to book or can I ask Germaine's for this?

I believe different links give you different prices for the book. I was on one link where the book was 50% off. However, I just went on a link where it was still $12.99. Of course I rushed and got it. Now, I know it will go to $10 and I'll be kicking myself.

However, I just went on a link where it was still $12.99. Of course I rushed and got it. Now, I know it will go to $10 and I'll be kicking myself.

Yikes - kicking yourself over two dollars and ninety-nine cents ?!

Yikes - kicking yourself over two dollars and ninety-nine cents ?!

Yeah, I got a giggle out of that too...but you know sometimes it's just the principle of the thing. We paid $17 for ours; ah well.:D

beachchick

That's correct. Once they run out of books, that's it until next year. CC members have reported more than once that they waited for the "cheapest" price (whatever that might be) but couldn't get one because they sold out. You did good--it's an absolute bargain, even at cover price.

beachchick

• 1 month later...

I guess the Entertainment Book never dropped to $10 this year. I am trying to figure out how to use the coupons. I know you can use the card for the food places. Do you need the card when you want to use the coupon? How does the coupon work for PCC? I want to reserve it on line. Thanks for any help you can give me.

We use the Entertainment Book all the time in the NY area. The resturants in the front of the book, you need the card, which they punch when you eat there. When there is a coupon involved, you just hand them the coupon when you pay. I have NEVER had to show the card when using a coupon. I didn't look at my Hawaii book that thoroughly yet, but many of the restautants do put some restrictions on the use of the card and coupons--like no Saturday nites or only between certain times. Read the coupons carefully. Most places will not accept any coupons or cards on major holidays. Other than that if you use it for ONE dinner, you are already ahead of the game.

Thank you Giantfan. Suebee also answered the same question, on another thread. Another poster was very generous and mailed me a coupon. We will use that coupon but do not have the card. I think there will be no problem.

There are 8 of us and the extra coupon will defray some of the costs. I will have my Entertainment card.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it Nov 1 st or Nov. 30th that the coupons in the Hawaii '06 book expire. I just bought 2 books for our Hawaii trip in November...I hope I bought the right books! If not, I guess I can still return them and get the 2007 book. Thanks for your help!

Debbie

Is it Nov 1 st or Nov. 30th that the coupons in the Hawaii '06 book expire. I just bought 2 books for our Hawaii trip in November...I hope I bought the right books! If not, I guess I can still return them and get the 2007 book. Thanks for your help!

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I'm sorry to inform you that my book expires Nov. 1st. I hope you can exchange them for the 2007 books.

Thanks, Ileene for your reply. I was afraid of that. I did call customer service at Entertainment.com and they were helpful. I can return the 2006 books and get the 2007 one. She said the new Hawaii books are just being printed now and should be ready by September 1st or so. We are visiting Maui for a week in November to attend my niece's wedding. Then in April we will be on the Carnival Spirit 12 Day cruise to Hawaii. We should be able to use some of those coupons in Maui, I hope, as well as the other islands we visit in April on our cruise. I am interested in the the car rental coupons for sure! I have a local entertainment book and they have car rental coupons ...I wonder if they would be the same ones, or if the Hawaii book has some local discounts for car rentals? Anyone know? Thanks again!

Debbie

Archived