Stateroom in Deck 8

1 hour ago, smw621 said:

How loud is it going to be?

It will vary by time of day, day of sailing, demographics on your sailing and maybe some other factors but generally the cabin is decently insulated against noise.

• Like 1

It'll be loud on your balcony at times. The carosel may drive you nuts. Inside your cabin with the door closed it should be quiet. 

We did a boardwalk balcony once and will never do it again if we can avoid it. My #1 pleasure on a cruise is a peaceful balcony to relax on - IMO you will not get this on a boardwalk balcony. we were on deck 11 so had some distance to the boardwalk but it was still too loud for me. YMMV

• Like 4

3 hours ago, smw621 said:

We've got a Boardwalk view balcony on Deck 8 (8703) on Oasis. How loud is it going to be?  Thanks

You will be above the carousel.  So there will be some noise.  If you like naps or go to bed early at night it could be an issue. If you are out and about mostly and stay up past 11 or so I doubt it would be much of an issue.  

Your door will block most of the noise for sleeping at night but the music and noise will be pretty loud out on your balcony during the day and early evening.

We tried one at the very back, deck 12.  DH says never again.  We felt like we weren’t on a ship as there are very few places to see the ocean if you don’t have an oceanview.  I’d like to try a CP though for the right price. It should be much quieter, at least in the evening.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Your door will block most of the noise for sleeping at night but the music and noise will be pretty loud out on your balcony during the day and early evening.

We tried one at the very back, deck 12.  DH says never again.  We felt like we weren’t on a ship as there are very few places to see the ocean if you don’t have an oceanview.  I’d like to try a CP though for the right price. It should be much quieter, at least in the evening.

I've done both a boardwalk and a CP and enjoyed both at the time but not sure I'd book again - had fun people watching on the boardwalk one and feeling a part of the action from my own space.  On the CP it is very nice and quiet, and love how CP lights up at night.  That said, given these ships feel like you never see outside, I'd book an OV balcony if I were to go on one of these class ships again with just DH since I feel there are more opportunities to be inside than outside on these ships.  But if booking with adult kids and any future grandkids, it will likely be more on price and I wouldn't rule either option out.