Do the NCL Reps have access to additional cabins than those shown on the website?

robinbtigger

21 minutes ago, robinbtigger said:

From what I've read, the NCL website only shows a some of the cabins that are actually available.  If I called NCL itself and talked to a rep, would they be able to see cabins that don't show up for me on the website? 

So can TA and PCC.  

The fact that one can only see a few cabins often gives people the wrong idea about whether a cruise is selling out or not.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

So can TA and PCC.  

The fact that one can only see a few cabins often gives people the wrong idea about whether a cruise is selling out or not.

So, a TA will also be able to see the same cabins as an NCL agent?  I did already book with a TA and selected a cabin I saw on the NCL website but I would prefer a cabin a little closer to the elevator if possible.

FWIW, I've looked at a number of other consolidator websites for cabin availability and NCL itself seems to show the largest number of cabins.

I asked the question for when I'm planning my next cruise.  I would book with the NCL agent and then transfer the reservation to a TA to get OBC, etc.

19 minutes ago, robinbtigger said:

So, a TA will also be able to see the same cabins as an NCL agent?  I did already book with a TA and selected a cabin I saw on the NCL website but I would prefer a cabin a little closer to the elevator if possible.

FWIW, I've looked at a number of other consolidator websites for cabin availability and NCL itself seems to show the largest number of cabins.

I asked the question for when I'm planning my next cruise.  I would book with the NCL agent and then transfer the reservation to a TA to get OBC, etc.

You can always go back to the TA and ask if there are cabin available you would prefer.

I booked a deluxe haven cabin that connected to a haven penthouse. The penthouse did not show as available but my TA could see it as available.  I think NCL only wanted to rent the penthouse along with the owners suite.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 12:35 PM, robinbtigger said:

In my experience, yes. Travel agents use the same booking system NCL representatives use. I suppose there are probably outliers, but I've always used NCL's booking system. 

Short answer, yes for NCL reps.  One of the nieces booked the Prima last month for April's Spring break week with a preferred deck/location ... Haven is currently listed as sold out and balconies are GTY only, her in-laws decided this weekend to go & join the rest of them - agent at NCL was able to find another balcony, adjacent to hers !! (wow) so now, they have at least 4 reservations linked together - generated a mock booking with all the amenties, add-ons and optional items, etc. on the printout.  Reviewed it for her with my comments and now done, from with a call-in this morning & done before lunch time.  Prices dipped this weekend but up back to what it was last week/month - and, they know full well & advised them the sailing at 115% to 120% above double occupancies.  Triple points earned "LATDBLX" coded. 

• Like 1