First Timer Help Appreciated.

Hi there everyone heading out on a Marella cruise soon to the Caribbean.

On the Explorer a few questions hopefully to ease myself into the cruise.

Dress the big worry are denim shorts ok at night or must it be dress shorts, have a couple pair of trousers as a back up.

Plugs in the cabin, Euro,British or American.

Money,  Dollars or Euro as a back up as will have Sterling/Revolut card also.

Really looking forward to any other tips for this newbie much appreciated.

TIA

Firstvof all you'll have agreat time whstever. 

IMPO no to denim shorts at night go classy wear the dress shorts or trousers.  

Plugs as I recall are a mix take an adaptor there were USB sockets in bedside lamps. 

In the carribean us dollars usually prevail. A credit card is preferable to a debit from a safety point of view as offers more protection against fraud. 

Best advice go with the flow  don't sweat on the little things just aim to enjoy it all hth 👍🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just back from my first cruise. I didn't wear my long trousers once. Denim would be ok in the buffet restaurant but best to wear the better ones in the others. They wont allow men in for evening dinner in sandals or flip flops.

Another tip which may or may not help is that there are no umbrellas by the sun loungers so its all or nothing when it comes to the shade and as someone who burns in a cave (!) I had to be really cute about it.

Plugs has already been covered and US dollars and/or Euros have equal importance, sterling not mentioned once so not sure if its readily accepted or at what rates?. Poor exchange rates on the ship so we took US Dollars from Tesco who were offering best rates when we checked.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 5:41 PM, Theryesider said:

Really looking forward to any other tips for this newbie much appreciated.

Hi and welcome, Wow first time cruisers & Caribbean you will do it again so my tips are  go with the ship's excursions until you are familiar with the set up, remember the ship will sail without you if you are late back, you have to find your own way at your cost to the next poc probably without passports, we have seen it, not good. Best to try morning first giving you plenty of time. Taxis are great normally you only pay them when they pick you up for return journey. If you are doing back-to-back suggest on changeover you book speciality restaurants, nice and comfortable with all the coming and going onboard. 

We alway get a taxi to Harbour Lights on changeover for the day good to be off the ship and a great relaxing day, suggest the flighing fish😋

You will have a great time. 

PS Can't help with dress we are old school and always dress for dinner. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1