No NCL February 2024 Cruises out of NYC?

Healthmark

27 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

More reasons to use the slightly annoying, but decent experience of parking in NJ, staying overnight, having breakfast, and getting a shuttle into the city....all for one fee. In Dec/Jan it was less than the cost of parking for ten days at the pier on the night before New Year's Eve! 

More movement = healthier right? Or so I've been led to believe. NCL looking out for their customers by ensuring we have to move around and eat less when taking a cruise on their ship! 🤠

Darn, I forgot to pickup a lottery ticket in NJ this past weekend, LOL.  Sure enough, MCT just officially announced that as of April 1st, next month (2023) - the daily/overnight rate for parking above Pier 88-90-92 will go up by $5 to $45 ... ouch but within reasons (since they last up it in July 2017).  Just put out an FYI on the East Coast forum here for all NY cruisers, along with the new rates for Red Hook, Brookyn or BCT.   On street meter municipal parking in our part of town, in the outerboro's business corridors are as much as $6 for 2 hours/max, LOL.  

Better plan ahead & lock in those park-n-cruise hotel package deals, before they go up with the tide.

@dexddd  Hi, how are you, popping in & out on this board ... cruising under the radar on another line these days.  We got a (mid-sized) busload of extended families & friends going on the Prima next month, jamming the ship for Spring/school break - we are going elsewhere on a much longer itinerary ... stay tuned. 

Cruises for 2024, too far ahead for us to look seriously - been checking out options for Princess and MSC out of here (with somewhat limited schedules for we are interested in ...) and not a fan of the super-sized mega floating Royal Caribbean cities at sea.  Strategically, it can turn into a poor choice by NCL to not position some of their ships year-round in NYC ... not even one of the older, mid-sized ships with different itineraries for the winter months.  Maybe, they haven't figure out how to re-position their fleet as we also looked at what's available in the Asia Pacific region, slowly re-opening their ports & looking to rebuild tourism and convince the cruise lines to return again.  

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

More reasons to use the slightly annoying, but decent experience of parking in NJ, staying overnight, having breakfast, and getting a shuttle into the city....all for one fee. In Dec/Jan it was less than the cost of parking for ten days at the pier on the night before New Year's Eve! 

More movement = healthier right? Or so I've been led to believe. NCL looking out for their customers by ensuring we have to move around and eat less when taking a cruise on their ship! 🤠

Do you know which hotels in NJ include the shuttle?

We have done this in the past, since I like the peace of mind of getting to the area a day ahead, but last time I checked you needed to arrange your own transportation to the pier.

I am also concerned that with more cruise lines going out of NY, there could be fewer parking spaces available at the pier.

13 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Do you know which hotels in NJ include the shuttle?

We have done this in the past, since I like the peace of mind of getting to the area a day ahead, but last time I checked you needed to arrange your own transportation to the pier.

I am also concerned that with more cruise lines going out of NY, there could be fewer parking spaces available at the pier.

We stayed at Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park. Online you'll find a Marriott that offers this service, but it was not being offered when I looked. I've heard the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park also provides the park and shuttle option. I didn't contact them as I called Hampton Inn first and was pleased with the price. It was ~$350 the night before New Year's Eve. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

If New York will be saturated, NCL should send a ship to Boston for winter cruises.  The market  is there.

I would love to cruise out of Boston in the winter. I know the first couple of days would be cold, but we would have warm weather to look forward to. A longer cruise to Bahamas and the Caribbean without having to fly would be great.