How to tell Cabin layout? Harmony of Seas - #8566 & #8568

EllinWebster

So we've decided on a starboard ocean balcony cabin on Royal Caribbean, Harmony of the Seas and are between two cabins - 8566 & 8568. 

My spouse noticed different layouts and it's apparently very important that we book a room with the living area closest to the balcony (GREEN) as opposed to the bed being near the balcony (PURPLE ) - see attached diagram with photos. 

Before you suggest it, my spouse is super extra and has already emailed RC, a travel agent and scoured crusedeckplans.com. Based on her research - she believes there is a pattern of alternating layouts and that Room 8566 should be GREEN and 8568 should be PURPLE. 

Can anyone confirm so I can book this cruise? 🤪

ScreenShot2023-03-04at1_01_18PM.thumb.png.8d10d51a0e87463a75914aea9e0c3ca8.png

Layouts.pdf

Edited by EllinWebster
Photo

38 minutes ago, EllinWebster said:

EMy spouse noticed different layouts and it's apparently very important that we book a room with the living area closest to the balcony (GREEN) as opposed to the bed being near the balcony (PURPLE ) - see attached diagram with photos. 

scoured crusedeckplans.com. Based on her research - she believes there is a pattern of alternating layouts and that Room 8566 should be GREEN and 8568 should be PURPLE

Going by CruiseDeckPlans and the principle of alternating layouts, I agree that 8566 has sitting area by the window/balcony.. This also agrees with the OPPOSITE (port-side) cabins being opposite-layout (and then alternating), which can be seen in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpCrEMB6dk0

Edited by crystalspin

20 hours ago, EllinWebster said:

So we've decided on a starboard ocean balcony cabin on Royal Caribbean, Harmony of the Seas and are between two cabins - 8566 & 8568. 

My spouse noticed different layouts and it's apparently very important that we book a room with the living area closest to the balcony (GREEN) as opposed to the bed being near the balcony (PURPLE ) - see attached diagram with photos. 

Before you suggest it, my spouse is super extra and has already emailed RC, a travel agent and scoured crusedeckplans.com. Based on her research - she believes there is a pattern of alternating layouts and that Room 8566 should be GREEN and 8568 should be PURPLE. 

Can anyone confirm so I can book this cruise? 🤪

ScreenShot2023-03-04at1_01_18PM.thumb.png.8d10d51a0e87463a75914aea9e0c3ca8.png

Layouts.pdf 6.12 MB · 2 downloads

You will want 8566 if you want the living area by the balcony. 

Your wife is absolutely correct in wanting the living area by the balcony and not wanting to be near the elevators!  However...8566 IS near the elevators!  Why not choose a 'green' room further down from them?

Edited by Katems75