Voyager- March 5- San Juan- Semi-Live

On 3/9/2023 at 3:56 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

OP hasn't been back so I'll post what happened last week.

Night 1 - No show

Night 2 - A comedian

Night 3 - Royal Caribbean singers and dancers

Night 4 - No show

Night 5 - Two Funny Guys (comedians)

Night 6 - Royal Caribbean singers and dancers

Night 7- Comedian

The ice show was on two nights & Quest was happening.

All of the shows for THIS week are in the app.

I was on this sailing. Every night was a show. 
night 1 and 7 comedian

They had 2 production shows. 
2 headliners 

and ice show. 

• Like 2

Just now, soccer2010 said:

food reviews?

Food was good in MDR. Not great but good. 
windjammer is another story. First I hate all Windjammers and buffets in general. The lunch had little to know meat. Of course unless you want a hockey puck burger. The one thing that sucks about voyager is there are no places to eat for lunch except the Windjammer. 
pizza was not great. Dining room is open for breakfast everyday, so we either did that or paid for the room service breakfast. 

• Like 1

Can you tell me if there is laser tag on this ship in the ice rink. On Royal Caribbean's description of this ship it indicates it does. I've read other posts saying it does not. We're going with kids & 7 grands aged 1-15 next March out of Galveston. I had already told the grands about laser tag and they are super excited, then I read differently somewhere.

image.thumb.png.8115fdca4e800acc26572b6d1024d4a7.png

On 3/16/2023 at 11:33 AM, Daycare Provider said:

was there a liquor store at the pier in Puerto Rico.... there used to be before Hurricane Maria.

Yes it is still there, inside the terminal off to the left side as you enter.  

21 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Wait, what?  No laser tag?  
That had been one of the deciding factors to pick Voyager.  I was comparing price vs. activities.  

I agree. We were on for two weeks in November. No Laser Tag to be found.

I did some googling and I found an article with this regarding Voyager, "You don't need kids to enjoy Battle for Planet Z, a free laser tag team game which takes place on sea days in Studio B. However, you will definitely need a pair of closed toe shoes."   

Does anyone on recently remember what was going on in Studio B?  

42 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I did some googling and I found an article with this regarding Voyager, "You don't need kids to enjoy Battle for Planet Z, a free laser tag team game which takes place on sea days in Studio B. However, you will definitely need a pair of closed toe shoes."   

Ice skating and Quest were the only activities I heard about going on in Studio B. It's possible I may have missed something else.

We are set to sail on Voyager in two weeks.  My kids will be disappointed if there isn't laser tag.  I'll definitely be inquiring about this, and if not available, requesting an explanation as it is clearly advertised as an activity for this ship.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

What??

this sucks. 

I am already so annoyed by this ship and I don’t sail for 8 weeks. 

This cruise is all about the destinations not the ship. If you wanted all the kids stuff you need to book an oasis class ship. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, renza said:

destinations

This is ironically one of my problems

i wanted to go back to Isla Passion some picked a cruise with Coz. But RCI doesn’t partner with IP do. 

I couldn’t find connecting rooms on any other ship out of Galveston for the weeks we were available.  

My kids had a blast on valor. It’s more about adverting and maybe not having. 
And me picking like the one ship without freestyle. and the ice show being Tarot cards. 😜  live and learn. 🤣

Edited by Vacationdreamer<><
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Vacationdreamer&lt;&gt;&lt; said:

This is ironically one of my problems

i wanted to go back to Isla Passion some picked a cruise with Coz. But RCI doesn’t partner with IP do. 

I couldn’t find connecting rooms on any other ship out of Galveston for the weeks we were available.  

My kids had a blast on valor. It’s more about adverting and maybe not having. 
And me picking like the one ship without freestyle. and the ice show being Tarot cards.
😜  live and learn. 🤣

I guess I'm old. I don't understand any of this.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, renza said:

This cruise is all about the destinations not the ship. If you wanted all the kids stuff you need to book an oasis class ship. 

Not for us.  Destinations didn't enter the equation at all.  I setup an excel sheet with every ship leaving from Galveston within our broad date range, with columns for amenities/activities on each ship and the cheapest price for connecting cabins.  Yes, I am an engineer.  Then I removed every amenity/activity that was on all ships.  Then I removed the upcharge restaurants that remained since we wouldn't be doing those anyway.  (Note freestyle wasn't in there since it wasn't advertised per ship, and at that point I thought it was on all)   The next ship up from Voyager (Harmony?) was considerably more expensive, and I didn't think that the few extras justified the expense.   Zipline had been the only thing interesting, and I thought we could take the money saved and do a whole zipeline excursion on our upcoming vacation.   But then I really like laser tag and I envisioned us doing that together.   There were a couple of smaller ships that were options, but they triggered the "Oh, no, we might be bored" worry.  Voyager seemed the happy medium of activities/price.  

Note, this will be what I call our Starter Cruise, since we've never gone.   So everything will be new to us on the ship.  I've been to all the major ports that a Galveston cruise would visit, and the family has been to none.  So all are equally interesting.  

I will be really interested to hear if the upcoming cruise mentioned that has sea days has laser tag.  Sea-Day-only makes sense.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Not for us.  Destinations didn't enter the equation at all.  I setup an excel sheet with every ship leaving from Galveston within our broad date range, with columns for amenities/activities on each ship and the cheapest price for connecting cabins.  Yes, I am an engineer.  Then I removed every amenity/activity that was on all ships.  Then I removed the upcharge restaurants that remained since we wouldn't be doing those anyway.  (Note freestyle wasn't in there since it wasn't advertised per ship, and at that point I thought it was on all)   The next ship up from Voyager (Harmony?) was considerably more expensive, and I didn't think that the few extras justified the expense.   Zipline had been the only thing interesting, and I thought we could take the money saved and do a whole zipeline excursion on our upcoming vacation.   But then I really like laser tag and I envisioned us doing that together.   There were a couple of smaller ships that were options, but they triggered the "Oh, no, we might be bored" worry.  Voyager seemed the happy medium of activities/price.  

Note, this will be what I call our Starter Cruise, since we've never gone.   So everything will be new to us on the ship.  I've been to all the major ports that a Galveston cruise would visit, and the family has been to none.  So all are equally interesting.  

I will be really interested to hear if the upcoming cruise mentioned that has sea days has laser tag.  Sea-Day-only makes sense.  

Right now the ship is in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  So it was a great cruise to go on for the southern Caribbean ports. Once it goes to the main land it will be different. You will have to wait to hear. 

On 3/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, ace1zoe2 said:

Can you tell me if there is laser tag on this ship in the ice rink. On Royal Caribbean's description of this ship it indicates it does. I've read other posts saying it does not. We're going with kids & 7 grands aged 1-15 next March out of Galveston. I had already told the grands about laser tag and they are super excited, then I read differently somewhere.

image.thumb.png.8115fdca4e800acc26572b6d1024d4a7.png

We just came back last week. There was laser tag one day, on the sea day. The line was insane so we didn't do it. But the ice show is really nice.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, HappyTexan44 said:

On our sailing last week, there was laser tag one time (on the sea day), with a very long line. Two nights there was the ice show. And one night they put down a wooden floor and turn it into the late night disco party (which was all music in Spanish).

• Like 1