Icon Infinite Balcony

Looking to book a balcony on Icon, is it just me or am I the only one who doesn't like these infinite balconies? I prefer the regular balconies where you can actually go outside and relax and feel like you are outside just feeling the breeze. These infinite balconies just feel like an OceanView Room where you can open the window. It's crazy that these are more expensive than a regular balcony!

• Like 1

Everyone has preferences, for sure.  I personally love the idea.  I see it as added full-time living space and can easily see myself sitting in that area whether the window is open or not.  I also think it is worthy of a premium price over a standard balcony.  I do think there will be an increase in cabin door slamming due to rush of air from the open window similar to how doors currently slam if you let go of them while the balcony door is open.  To each his own.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

5 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Everyone has preferences, for sure.  I personally love the idea.  I see it as added full-time living space and can easily see myself sitting in that area whether the window is open or not.  I also think it is worthy of a premium price over a standard balcony.  I do think there will be an increase in cabin door slamming due to rush of air from the open window similar to how doors currently slam if you let go of them while the balcony door is open.  To each his own.

Agreed, it's definitely preferences and I respect your opinion. I was just curious to see people's different point of views and what they think so I thank you for expressing your point of view. It's always great to see the other side of things as well 🙂

Edited by nolegirl01

We booked one on Celebrity a few years ago and liked it. It's very private. Made the cabin seem larger too. We were on a Caribbean cruise and we had 2 heavy thunderstorms. It was nice to be able to sit out during the storms. We didn't notice any door banging like with the traditional balconies.