Dublin

MELSMOM47

We were there in the summer and they had a shuttle that ran regularly from the ship to Merrion Square pretty regularly throughout the day.  The drop off point is central and you can easily walk to many places you might wish to see from there.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, molymoo said:

We were there in the summer and they had a shuttle that ran regularly from the ship to Merrion Square pretty regularly throughout the day.  The drop off point is central and you can easily walk to many places you might wish to see from there.  

Awesome!!! That's great. We are in port until 11pm so we would like to return and go out in the evening!!!

1 hour ago, MELSMOM47 said:

Does anyone know how long the tour of the Guinness Storehouse takes? We have 11am tickets. Do I need to book lunch? Trying to figure out what time.

Liquid lunch is provided on the top deck of the Storehouse, as each ticket is exchanged for a pint. It has been 4 yrs since our last visit, with tours being self-guided at your own speed. You also visited whatever attraction was of interest.

We probably spent about 3 hrs, as DW doesn't drink beer, I scored 2 pints.

As Jim noted, Temple Bar is a great place for lunch and more refreshments.

• Like 2

Don’t forget both Dun Leary and adjacent Blackrock have great pubs and restaurants so there is no need to go back into the city centre at night for a drink. IMHO Temple bar is highly overrated and over run with stag and doe groups from UK especially at weekends. The DART is also a very easy way into Dublin and is not affected by traffic

2 hours ago, gaeltrav said:

Don’t forget both Dun Leary and adjacent Blackrock have great pubs and restaurants so there is no need to go back into the city centre at night for a drink. IMHO Temple bar is highly overrated and over run with stag and doe groups from UK especially at weekends. The DART is also a very easy way into Dublin and is not affected by traffic

Thank you !!

🤣 I am assuming Stag and Doe groups are what we call Bachelor and Bachelorette parties.

5 hours ago, MELSMOM47 said:

Thank you !!

🤣 I am assuming Stag and Doe groups are what we call Bachelor and Bachelorette parties.

Most likely, although when I lived in UK the bachelorette was known as a "Hen Party"

• Like 1