A few questions for the cheap seats on the QM2 current knowledge only thank you

Lakesregion

Sailing on the full world cruise Jan 2024 NYC to NYC on the QM2 and have the following questions. All of these things were available back in 2016 and I would like to know if they are available now. Only Britannia class answers needed, nothing from the high end cabins thank you.

1. Robes and slippers?

2. Daily newsletter from the US and the same from the UK.?  This is not the daily program of events but a recap of international news.

3. Nightly turndown service with chocolate on the pillow?

4. Twice daily cabin service?

5. Food from room service still free?

6. Can a second chair be had so two people can dine-in if they wish with out having to sit on the bed?

7. Coffee Maker?

8. Storage of luggage after the under the bed approach has been exhausted?

9. Daily free Fruit Bowl?

1 hour ago, Lakesregion said:

Sailing on the full world cruise Jan 2024 NYC to NYC on the QM2 and have the following questions. All of these things were available back in 2016 and I would like to know if they are available now. Only Britannia class answers needed, nothing from the high end cabins thank you.

1. Robes and slippers?

Should be waiting in the wardrobe.

2. Daily newsletter from the US and the same from the UK.?  This is not the daily program of events but a recap of international news.

There was a daily news summary provided alongside the next days program.

3. Nightly turndown service with chocolate on the pillow?

Most often next to the pillow.

4. Twice daily cabin service?

Yes

5. Food from room service still free?

There are some items with extra costs (alcohol by the drink or a package; I think the steak choice)

6. Can a second chair be had so two people can dine-in if they wish with out having to sit on the bed?

We sail in a “sheltered balcony” room and one of us sits on the couch.

7. Coffee Maker?

There is an electric kettle, tea bags, instant coffee and shelf stable milk. We tended to save half&half from room service breakfast.

8. Storage of luggage after the under the bed approach has been exhausted?

We put two oversized cases under the bed without problems.

9. Daily free Fruit Bowl?

We usually got that via the breakfast door hanger.

• Like 1

Britannia Category: 

Daily Newspaper is STILL available , however it is now on request  ( Sept/Dec 2022)  either UK or USA edition. 

Slippers are now on request. 

Robes are still available. 

Coffee maker is only in the Britannia Club category.

Fresh fruit bowl is still on request - as it has been for the past several years. 

Storage for empty luggage is still available especially on World Cruises  (request this via housekeeping)

There has been no changes to Daily/Nightly Turn Down service or Room service.

You should have no problem requesting an additional chair , I know someone ( travelling solo) on the Q.Victoria World Cruise at the moment ,who has had the double bed refigured into one single to allow more space in the cabin.   

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 2

Just a slight variation on Bell Boy's info. This past January/February (2023), UK newspaper (news recap) was provided automatically each evening with the daily programme. I saw US versions at the Purser's Desk.

We received both slippers and robes without having to ask.

We were in Britannia.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wordzz said:

Just a slight variation on Bell Boy's info. This past January/February (2023), UK newspaper (news recap) was provided automatically each evening with the daily programme. I saw US versions at the Purser's Desk.

We received both slippers and robes without having to ask.

We were in Britannia.

I would certainly have expected those amenities automatically   as it appears your cruise is or was part of the World Cruise ?

It will be interesting to see if these remain without having to request them when Q.Vic/QM2  return back to regular itineraries.   

On 3/8/2023 at 7:28 AM, Bell Boy said:

You should have no problem requesting an additional chair , I know someone ( travelling solo) on the Q.Victoria World Cruise at the moment ,who has had the double bed refigured into one single to allow more space in the cabin.   

This is such a good idea! I never would have realized it's an option. Thank you for sharing. I, too, will be on the 2024 QM2 World Voyage. I think I'm going to try to do this myself.

5 hours ago, arielmomma said:

This is such a good idea! I never would have realized it's an option. Thank you for sharing. I, too, will be on the 2024 QM2 World Voyage. I think I'm going to try to do this myself.

Please don't expect it on the day of embarkation , you will need to arrange this once onboard  via your 'deck housekeeping supervisor' .  Don't be pestering shore side in advance,  the Pursers desk, or your Stateroom steward/ess .  For anyone reading this post I'm referring to voyages of 90/100 + days  when it has been known to be possible . 

18 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Please don't expect it on the day of embarkation , you will need to arrange this once onboard  via your 'deck housekeeping supervisor' .  Don't be pestering shore side in advance,  the Pursers desk, or your Stateroom steward/ess .  For anyone reading this post I'm referring to voyages of 90/100 + days  when it has been known to be possible . 

Thank you for this additional advice. I'll make sure to make the arrangements politely with the appropriate person (deck housekeeping supervisor) and at a respectful time.

• Like 1