11 of us at Labadee and Coco Cay

GaryWT

We will have 4 kids 8 and under and myself who cannot be in the sun all day.  Once upon a time you could grab some beach chairs and some shade for no cost.  Now it looks like all the chairs cost money and shade is even more money.  Is this try or are there still free options at these locations?  I really don’t want to spend thousands to get a cabana but I don’t want to stay on the ship either.  My chemo limits me to how much sun I can get.  I will have a hat and shirt as well as sunscreen but shade definitely helps.  Two of the kids are 1 as well.  Look forward to hear our options, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 8:24 PM, GaryWT said:

We will have 4 kids 8 and under and myself who cannot be in the sun all day.  Once upon a time you could grab some beach chairs and some shade for no cost.  Now it looks like all the chairs cost money and shade is even more money.  Is this try or are there still free options at these locations?  I really don’t want to spend thousands to get a cabana but I don’t want to stay on the ship either.  My chemo limits me to how much sun I can get.  I will have a hat and shirt as well as sunscreen but shade definitely helps.  Two of the kids are 1 as well.  Look forward to hear our options, thanks.

There are loungers and umbrellas all over the island, totally free.

Here are some pics from when I was there last fall:

IMG_20220512_105113876_HDR.thumb.jpg.3fb18ef2d270a06f16937a77ebe6abcf.jpg

IMG_20220512_105127662_HDR.thumb.jpg.e847bddde1fc7ce03e204ebfb13c4153.jpg