Just need some reassurance....

xiphoid76

@docpetey We’ve done 7 cruises since Covid (4 Seabourn, 1 Crystal, 1 Cunard Queens Grill, 1 Celebrity Retreat), and felt that all were not that far off their previous but had some minor changes on all (almost every hospitality business has changes over time).  As smaller ships I feel like these issues get magnified on Seabourn, so the “risk” of your experience being impacted might be higher, but we’ve not personally had any serious degradation from what we were expecting.  

A couple other comments:

- we sailed right as ships started coming back, and felt in those times on Seabourn (and Crystal) it was everything as before, and then some…really exceeded our expectations, and the staff were so genuinely happy to see passengers back.  As time went on and all the ships relaunched it wasn’t as good with having a lot of staff turnover, new staff, changes in general. Supply chain issues hit at the same time, and maybe more “cost control” from corporate.  I think that rough period has past, but the bad experiences people had during that period still linger.  

- We deeply value Seabourn and have future bookings in part because we always find on board both staff and other passengers we’ve enjoyed sailing with before (and new friends we meet); that part has not changed one bit.  Seabourn hires, retains, and nurtures talent as all good organizations should.  

• Like 6

thank you . One of our  best trips was crystal 2021.Ship only half full but great service and food. Unfortunately tried again in Jan 2023 right before bankruptcy and daughter tested positive. I have read some comments ship rooms dated on Seabourn Sojourn. Any validity?

thanks . It seems some people are never happy. As long as the staff is nice , rooms and ship clean and good food . we will be happy.. I also realize Crystal has new ownership and so might as well wait and let others write about new management,  besides I have always wanted to try Seabourn. I have read carnival sold off Seabourne in Oct 2022, but cant find anymore press related to sale.Hopefully new management keeps up the brand

47 minutes ago, docpetey said:

I have read carnival sold off Seabourne in Oct 2022, but cant find anymore press related to sale.Hopefully new management keeps up the brand

That was a rumour but no sale actually happened. Carnival still own Seabourn.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, docpetey said:

thanks . It seems some people are never happy. As long as the staff is nice , rooms and ship clean and good food . we will be happy.. I also realize Crystal has new ownership and so might as well wait and let others write about new management,  besides I have always wanted to try Seabourn. I have read carnival sold off Seabourne in Oct 2022, but cant find anymore press related to sale.Hopefully new management keeps up the brand

Don't believe all that you read 

Especially here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, docpetey said:

I have read some comments ship rooms dated on Seabourn Sojourn.

We were on Sojourn in December in a standard veranda, and the room was in good condition; some of the materials used (the small TV and cabinet for it) are looking dated style-wise but the room overall is well designed and well maintained.  

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 4

We also were on Sojourn this past December/January.  The veranda cabin we had was actually quite attractive, with light colored wood and clean furnishings throughout.  Didn't feel it was dated at all. There was a walk-in closet that, although a bit small, had plenty of room to hang all our clothes and store our shoes, etc.  Overall, quite pleased with the cabin.

• Like 1