Sold out excursions :-(

kasaba

The two shore excursions I wanted on our recent TA happened to be on the cheaper end of the scale. Both were sold out and no waitlists (I phoned) 3 months in advance.

I think perhaps that a lot of independent tour operators might have gone out of business during the two year lapse of no cruises. In the past, whenever something was sold out, they always added another bus on to accommodate, sometimes only the day before notice, but I've never not gotten what I wanted.

On 5/6/2023 at 10:28 AM, BamaVol said:

I have one particular excursion in mind for Ketchikan that I am holding off because I would like to pay for it with OBC.  Should it sell out, my backup plan is to walk up and pay the operator directly, it’s actually $3 less per their website. Since it’s 150’ from the gangway, I’m not worried about being left behind if I don’t book with Princess.

At some point prior to embarkation, can I book an excursion with OBC?  Like maybe after final payment. Last cruise, I hoped to book a couple on board but everything I wanted was sold out prior - like 2 weeks prior. Receiving “excursion credit” from my TA is kind of a joke if all the excursions are filled well in advance and I’m unable to use it until I board.

First excursion OBC came be used when booking excursions through the personalizer. Also if you are trying to walk onto an excursion that was arranged through the cruise line they have agreements with the tour operator not to allow “independent” people 

2 hours ago, memoak said:

First excursion OBC came be used when booking excursions through the personalizer. Also if you are trying to walk onto an excursion that was arranged through the cruise line they have agreements with the tour operator not to allow “independent” people 

It’s the lumberjack show.  It is open to the general public. Princess wants $40 to “guide” me 150 feet to the site.  General admission is $37.  I am willing to pay Princess $3 each extra to consume OBC.  Otherwise, we will walk the 150’ unguided and I will spend the $80 on duty free liquor.

Edited by BamaVol