How does CHEERS/drinking work with turning 21 on a cruise

tw67

For child #1, when he turned 21 we took him on a cruise that stopped in Key West.  The cruise was the day after his birthday, so his cheers package worked out great.  

Child #2, I am limited due to college break schedule, and looks like he will turn 21 day two of a cruise.  He will be sharing a cabin with his older brother, who will have Cheers, so of course we will get him Cheers.  I realize he can't drink on the ship until day 2.  But wasn't sure how cruises dealt with this.  

Thanks for any thoughts!

Have you tried to buy him a Cheers package online?  I doubt they would allow that as he will not be 21 upon boarding.  On day 2, you could go to Guest Services and purchase him the package.  When you visit GS, make sure he is not flagged anymore in either system as being under 21.

These are just my guesses, but what I would do.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise.  Your sons are lucky to have you! 

• Like 3

Thanks!  We haven't booked yet, so I can't try.  I am coming up with many different scenarios, and the two most likely put him having his birthday on the ship. Good advice on going to GS and having him unflagged!  I am sure he will appreciate that!

Cruising became a great way for us to spend time with them while growing up, and I hope as they get older and go on their own they remember the cruises we had and keep cruising on their own.  Our oldest is having trouble convincing his friends to cruise!  I guess he just has to go with us more!  

• Like 1