Coco Cay and Scooters

ladylyn915

Hello,

I will be visiting Coco Cay in June.  I just saw the long pier and I realize I will have to use my scooter to get to the island.

My question is I have a beach bed reserved at breezy bay.  Will I be abe to bring the scooter relatively close to where the beach beds are?

I can walk a moderate distance, but I am unsure if the scooter will be safe if I have to leave it unattended.

Has anyone been to Coco Cay that cn give me some info?

Thank you.

Lyn

If you can do some walking, you might consider leaving your scooter in your stateroom and taking the trams to get to Breezy Bay.   They come close to the ship's gang plank to pick up passengers and they have stops throughout the island. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/is-there-transportation-on-perfect-day-at-cococay

Here's one person's video from around the island (including showing the trams on the pier):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sAQIsvBp1c

Maybe someone who has had one of the beds at Breezy Bay will be able to answer your question about where you can stow your scooter if you decide to take it.   (Have you asked Royal Cariibean's Access Department?)

• Like 1

kokopelli-az - thank you!  That is exactly what I needed to know.  If I can take a tram on the pier to somewhere fairly close to Breezy Bay I will be fine.  I just saw that long pier and thought yikes!!

Thanks  again - crisis averted!

Lyn

T

• 2 weeks later...

If you park your scooter somewhere along the pavement, especially in the parts of the island nearest the ship, no one will bother it. I recall there is sort of an inland  lake looking area with a beach surrounding it on the right when you go a little way onto the island from the ship dock. There are chairs and the beach very close to the pavement if you are lucky enough to get one and you would still be on a sandy beach. There is also a real beach on the left of the pavement early on near the same area. it’s a bit of a walk in sand from the pavement to the shoreline, but not too bad. One of the dining venues and even some restrooms are in the general  vicinity of that beach. Just make sure you have the scooter key with you.

My husband has a foldable travel scooter. It  is only about the size of a medium suitcase when folded up. With a battery in it, it weighs about 55 pounds. We have been to Coco Cay  twice and he just parked it on the edge of the pavement. Doesn’t usually even fold it. He usually tries to find a place that has a bit of a shade. Your biggest problem might be if it suddenly burst out raining. You probably don’t want your scooter in the rain as it might do something to it’s power system at the very least. Especially if it happened to be a downpour.

The thing about taking the scooter is that you could give yourself a little tour of what there is on the island. 

Edited by mlbcruiser