Would an Uber be better?

poocher

We have SAS booked from FLL area hotel to POM and then back to FLL.  I am concerned about my brother’s return flight @ 12:20 on a Saturday (ours is 1:15). I have tried to get an idea of what time we should be outside to get a shuttle that will get him to FLL by 11am but cannot get SAS to respond.  So I am looking at the logistics of him using an Uber instead.  Can someone walk me through this scenario as a person who has never used an Uber?  Does this need to be arranged in advance?  What time should pick up be to get to the airport by 11?  Are Ubers readily available at POM?  It would be 3 adults plus luggage, estimated cost?  
Thanks guys, I am clueless here!

You will be fine with SAS.  Assume on the shutlte about 9:00-9:30 at the latest (I think they start running at 8:00 or so).  The ride from POM to FLL takes about 45+ minutes, depending upon traffic.  Plenty of time for the 12:20 flight.

UberX or Lyft will cost you about $50+ compared to about $30 for the two of you on SAS - but you can leave earlier, don't need to wait for the van to pick up other passengers, and will enjoy door-to doo service.  Is it worth $20+ dollars?  Your call.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, there will be 3 people so the difference will be even less.  We are actually 1 party of 3 and 1 party of 4.  Might be worth it for both parties to take Ubers.  Is this something that has to be arranged in advance?  My concern with SAS is last time, we had to wait about 40 minutes for a shuttle.

Edited by poocher

Since you don't know exactly when you will get off the ship/get bags, and clear customs/immigration it is best to wait until you are clear to request your rides - wait should not be long.  For the group of 4 you will need UberXL and if anyone in the group of 3 packs like my wife you will need another UberXL.

Thanks and we are all light packers.  I have never felt the need to change multiple times a day, limit myself to 2 pairs of flip flops & 1 pair of neutral sandals, have no preference on hair care products, whatever they have is fine.  Our party of 4 will have 3 24” suitcases and 2 carry ons for the week.

Appreciate your help here😁