When is Check-in for Port Arrival Time?

Dave Judy

1.  I should know this… Is Check-in for Port Arrival Time PAT 30 days prior to sailing ?

2.  The day after PIF is when activity bookings, Palo, etc open for Platinum guests ?

Im having a Senior moment… Thanks !

7 minutes ago, Dave Judy said:

1.  I should know this… Is Check-in for Port Arrival Time PAT 30 days prior to sailing ?

2.  The day after PIF is when activity bookings, Palo, etc open for Platinum guests ?

Im having a Senior moment… Thanks !

Currently check in is 30 days out.

Activity bookings for Platinum is 120 days out (must be PIF).

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, a hypothetical question here about Check-in and Port Arrival times.

What happens if a person arrives at the terminal without having done any of the "required" on line check-in or getting Port Arrival times.

There must be people who can't/don't do the pre check-in, say someone who is inexperienced with travel/has little or no computer knowledge/or any other reason we could dream up?

2 hours ago, MrsK said:

So, a hypothetical question here about Check-in and Port Arrival times.

What happens if a person arrives at the terminal without having done any of the "required" on line check-in or getting Port Arrival times.

There must be people who can't/don't do the pre check-in, say someone who is inexperienced with travel/has little or no computer knowledge/or any other reason we could dream up?

Just a guess on my part, but they could be asked to wait until all the pre-checked in people have entered the terminal.

15 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Just a guess on my part, but they could be asked to wait until all the pre-checked in people have entered the terminal.

Thanks for your reply. I guess they could do that. 

I've often wondered because some people (older ones for example....... this comment coming from someone who will be 67 on their next birthday LOL) just are not computer literate or don't give a thought to those sorts of things. Although I'm thinking most older people who might not be computer literate are probably using Travel Agents to book their cruises for them and have that support available for all of the small details.

1 minute ago, MrsK said:

Thanks for your reply. I guess they could do that. 

I've often wondered because some people (older ones for example....... this comment coming from someone who will be 67 on their next birthday LOL) just are not computer literate or don't give a thought to those sorts of things. Although I'm thinking most older people who might not be computer literate are probably using Travel Agents to book their cruises for them and have that support available for all of the small details.

Ha, ha....I'm well past that age, and I handled the "new-fangled" process of checking in very well on our recent cruise (first since COVID).  

The DCL website is pretty good at directing people through the check-in process.

2 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Ha, ha....I'm well past that age, and I handled the "new-fangled" process of checking in very well on our recent cruise (first since COVID).  

The DCL website is pretty good at directing people through the check-in process.

I hear ya. 

Next month we are going on Disney Cruise #19 which puts our total cruise count at 60.  I've gotten pretty good at navigating the constantly changing requirements (sometimes changing many times for the same cruise) that have been required including several that needed COVID testing before boarding.

I will admit it has been a pain at times when they change requirements at literally the last minute but hey, gotta do what we gotta do to keep the addiction going!