MSC Upgrade Bid Error Message

missthesea

We received an email inviting us to bid on an upgraded room, but after we submit our bid (and our credit card number!) we get this message:

image.thumb.png.5b222c3de1d015bff19858cbb743f7bc.png

It's not the credit card. We tried several cards. We also made our initial reservation weeks ago.

MSC customer service is no help. I even called PlusGrade, the third-party vendor that runs the bidding program, but they just referred me back to MSC.

I've tried to submit about 10 times, so perhaps I have 10 bids in now, lol!

Anyone else get the above message? Or, could you share whether you got an immediate confirmation that your bid was received?

Thanks!

Edited by missthesea

9 hours ago, missthesea said:

We received an email inviting us to bid on an upgraded room, but after we submit our bid (and our credit card number!) we get this message:

image.thumb.png.5b222c3de1d015bff19858cbb743f7bc.png

It's not the credit card. We tried several cards. We also made our initial reservation weeks ago.

MSC customer service is no help. I even called PlusGrade, the third-party vendor that runs the bidding program, but they just referred me back to MSC.

I've tried to submit about 10 times, so perhaps I have 10 bids in now, lol!

Anyone else get the above message? Or, could you share whether you got an immediate confirmation that your bid was received?

Thanks!

Your booking number does not match so the system cannot find it when it handshakes with plusgrade.

I assume you got an email that lets you place a bid?  Probably orange boxes that say "upgrade now".

When you follow the link you you bid and get that error.

Had that happen on a cruise I took this past January. We never were able to bid. We found out a few days before sailing that our cruise was cancelled due to non payment by email??? We paid in full at time of booking with a TA a year earlier.

Turns out that we had more than one booking number. We booked online,gave to TA and in that transition, it created a new booking number and the system was still thinking we had that booking.

So we never were able to bid on YC RS. We survived.