YC inside cabins

Linda W.

20 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Please pardon my ignorance but how does one go about leaving cash in the place of registering a credit card?  I would much rather put up $250 cash!

If you're in the Yacht Club, you can hand the cash to the concierge and it will be applied to your account. There is a till at the concierge's desk. If you have extra left over, the concierge can refund the balance to you in cash on the last night of the cruise...and possibly some envelopes if you choose to tip any staff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Please pardon my ignorance but how does one go about leaving cash in the place of registering a credit card?  I would much rather put up $250 cash!

Just did it this past June/July on the Seashore with the concierge in YC. I tried leaving $1000 for our two cabins for a B2B but the concierge said I would need to come and settle out the first week. Then leave a deposit again. Sailing in YC there are not many things to cover besides the DSC. Luckily we do not purchase much on board.

37 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Royal are not perfect either 

They take a $99.98 charge as a hold per cabin, removed form card after 5 days

MSC take $250 per person in cabin 

$750 on one of ours and $500 on another 

took 30 days to drop off and the other 14 days

Hmm I have only ever left $250 per cabin on all our MSC cruises. Wonder if they hold more on CC than with cash?

1 minute ago, frank808 said:

Hmm I have only ever left $250 per cabin on all our MSC cruises. Wonder if they hold more on CC than with cash?

In our experience it has been $250 pp when a cc has been used.

I have heard that this happens if card is registered prior to boarding.

I might go the cash option in the future

Seems like a way round all the hassles 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Help.  Trying MSC for the first time and heard great things about Yacht club.  Taking my parents in their 70's departing Barcelona for 7 days.

2 inside rooms or 1 balcony suite in YC.  Pretty much same price.  They only cruised balcony never inside room.  But then we've never done YC either.

Thoughts and/advice.

7 hours ago, Btcutter said:

Help.  Trying MSC for the first time and heard great things about Yacht club.  Taking my parents in their 70's departing Barcelona for 7 days.

2 inside rooms or 1 balcony suite in YC.  Pretty much same price.  They only cruised balcony never inside room.  But then we've never done YC either.

Thoughts and/advice.

It’s definitely doable for 4 in a balcony suite as long as you upsize to a Royal suite. 4 adults in a standard YC deluxe balcony is pretty tight. Personally, I’d opt for the inside but the drawback is obviously loosing the view. Something worth considering since you’ll be in the Med. 

• Like 1