Miami to Seattle

Smitheroo

Has anyone tried the 20 day cruise from Miami to Seattle?  It really appeals to me. I cant make it this year but hoping it will still be running next year.  There are about 7 sea days on it, with a 4 day stretch at the end. 

I notice there are a few different itineraries for this route.  One has the sea days more spread out and I notice it stops in LA and also San Francisco before going on to Seattle.  Is it possible to get off in LA?

When I did it many years a ago, I booked it as TWO cruises: Miami to Los Angeles and Los Angeles to Vancouver British, Columbia.  The cruise between Vancouver, British Columbia to Seattle is CREW only.  Very old law involved called the Passenger Vessel Services Act (1886).  It was great fun and would love to do again.

4 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

Has anyone tried the 20 day cruise from Miami to Seattle?  It really appeals to me. I cant make it this year but hoping it will still be running next year.  There are about 7 sea days on it, with a 4 day stretch at the end. 

I am on the Sun next month for this exact itinerary.  I am 99% I won't be doing "Live From...", but I'll be happy to share my experiences as time allows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

Is it possible to get off in LA?

I see the Encore has several itineraries listed as embarking on April 7, 2024 - 21 day, 18 day, 15 day.  I'm guessing this is the ship you're looking at?  If you want to get off in LA book the 15 day that ends there.

17 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

I am on the Sun next month for this exact itinerary.  I am 99% I won't be doing "Live From...", but I'll be happy to share my experiences as time allows.

Wonder why the itinerary is Central America heavy but excludes any U.S. West Coast stops? A San Diego or San Fran day woulda been nice…

We were on the Sun in October 2022 that sailed from Seattle to Miami (and then b2b on to Lisbon). A great trip, it went to smaller ports such as Astoria and Catalina Island on the west coast, before a more traditional set of ports in Mexico and Central America.  

In April 2022 we were on a b2b2b on the Encore, a week in the Caribbean, then 21 days Miami to Seattle, and a week in Alaska.  This one was sold with three different options, you could get off in Los Angeles, or San Francisco, or Seattle.  It wasn't super busy to start, then people got off in LA and SF, so only 800 or so passengers for the final SF to Seattle leg! 

These Caribbean to Alaska (or return) repositions are great - plenty of sea days to relax, generally good weather, and often a very affordable price per day (since not many people can do long cruises).  We love them!  Try to add a b2b at either or both ends if you have the time.

If you're on the Encore, Bliss or Joy it'll sail through the new locks on the Panama canal.  The older more historic locks are used for the smaller ships like the Sun.

6 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

If you're on the Encore, Bliss or Joy it'll sail through the new locks on the Panama Canal.  The older more historic locks are used for the smaller ships like the Sun.

Did the ‘new’ Canal on the Canal inauguration sailing of the Bliss. Frank Del Rio graced the occasion with a visit to the ship at one of the Locks.

BTW, you mention ‘Down Under’. If that’s your home country, gotta tell ya that we want the Ashes back.