Camp Ocean- meal time and hours

pyropoodle

edit..i just found on the website.  sorry, don't know how to delete a post....disregard all of this..

Camp Ocean Kids' Only Dinner
  • Offered every evening (except embarkation day): 6:00pm-6:50pm in the Lido Restaurant (time/location may vary)
  • Sample menu for dinner may include: 
    • plain pasta with tomato sauce/meatballs, mixed veggies, dinner rolls, grapes and cup cakes with icing for dessert
    • hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, cheese/pepperoni pizza, french fries, apple slices and Jell-O for dessert

We are heading soon for our first post covid cruise on carnival in August..i know, soooo far away.   Pre-Covid, for the Camp Ocean, you could drop your kiddo off at dinner time in a special roped off section of the buffet area. they would feed them, then herd them off to Camp.   are they still doing this?  at that time, the hours were (IIRC) 6-10.

we just came off of NCL, they didn't do that, but they had great hours, 7-11pm, it was sooo nice to be able to have a non rushed dinner with my hubby while the littles were being entertained--but that did mean we took the kids to the buffet to let them eat, then dropped them off at camp, then went to eat ourselves.  it was kind of a hassle to sit through two dinners!  (the adults just ate the one time, don't worry :P) 

any info is appreciated. 

Edited by pyropoodle

When we were on the Splendor last May in Alaska, the Camp Ocean didn't have full hours because there weren't many kids on it. However, that may have changed.  Seems like they had closer to full hours on our Europe sailing and there were a few more kids. 

However, my experience on the Splendor may have been unique because I don't think they were quite at full capacity yet due to Covid and also it was the first sailing after school let out for my kids (and their school gets out early) and there were not very many kids on the boat at all. 

i feel like since we are out of NY and schools are still out (ny schools go back in september), there will be a looot of little brats (including mine) so there will probably be plenty of people for camp.  thanks for letting me know though.   i feel like ncl didn't have tons of kids for winter break a few weeks ago, but they still kept the hours. hopefully it will be back to business as usual very soon