Kauai Transportation

ERNLYN

On 3/20/2023 at 6:30 AM, Ref611 said:

Question.

how much would it cost if I waited in line at the cruise terminal to take a taxi on a 14 minute 6 mile ride?

I contacted the taxicab company and they want to charge  $100 to reserve a taxi for a round-trip. 
from reading the posts  in this string I don’t know if I should take a chance and wait in line or just pay the money and let it be hassle free.
I am also looking into Uber and Lyft solutions.

Going to be on island April 27

I have my vacation itinerary planned this is the only one giving me agita 

thanks

E78EC185-4B5B-49B4-8096-054DE10CBF3D.jpeg

Can you let us know how the taxi line looked when you were there on April 27th? Did you end up using Uber? Or did you pre-book a taxi? What company did you call to prebook that gave you the $100 quote? Thanks in advance!

We were on Kauai a couple of weeks ago (May 2023) and used Kauai Taxi Co.  We reserved what we wanted for a 3 legged trip for 3 adults with backpacks.  It was $45 for each leg ($135 paid before we left town).  It was expensive but worth it for me not having to worry about the rides.  They were prompt, sent advance notices that they were coming, and worked with us when we had to shift schedules a little bit.

When we got off the ship there were about 6 or so taxis lined up for the passengers.  I mentioned this to our friendly driver about not having to "reserve" a taxi.  She said that all the taxis would be gone in 30 minutes, and it would be hard to find one.

On the second leg of our trip, the driver gave us the price ($16.80) before I told her it was a prepaid trip.  She checked and thanked us.  Yes, I feel a little bit "put out" knowing what I had paid.  But it was worth it for me not to worry about transportation.

I prebooked on line.  Their response was prompt, if not thorough.  I called the telephone number, and they answered promptly and explained and answered my questions.  Yes, I would recommend using them.

If you are young and like to walk, that might be a different thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

When we got off the ship there were about 6 or so taxis lined up for the passengers.  I mentioned this to our friendly driver about not having to "reserve" a taxi.  She said that all the taxis would be gone in 30 minutes, and it would be hard to find one.

More like 30 seconds 😄

Reserving on Kauai is the way to go.