YC - can you request tea kettle?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I see that they have Nespresso machines in there, can one also request a tea kettle?

I know that some types of coffee machines provide just hot water, but I've had a couple that also spit out coffee grounds (and had a faint taste of coffee).

THANKS,

Tom

15 minutes ago, mmbcater said:

I doubt they would have kettles when they provide the Nexpresso machines-but hey worth a ask. 

Yep - I'm a "fix my own iced tea in my cabin" sort of guy, bringing along a small Yeti cooler for ice (for tea and mixing our own drinks), as the ice bucket on virtually every ship we've ever been on is woefully inadequate (and not very well insulated).

The kettles have been provided (or at least available on request) in the suites on Celebrity and Royal (NCL I think too).

PXL_20220226_202742195-M.jpg

20160530_181824-M.jpg

Tom

Made tea using Nepresso machine.  Always run a small cup of water first for whatever reason and then run hot water for tea.  Never had a balcony on MSC big enough for a lounger.  If you have a large balcony ask your room steward and see what happens Enjoy!!!!!!

1 minute ago, mickey89 said:

We sailed YC in 2020, asked butler for a sunlounger for our veranda and one appeared within the hour.

Good to hear - Thanks !

Also I suspect, that if they have kettles for most cabins on UK sailings, that they're bound to have some available on the ship.

Tom

On 3/11/2023 at 9:25 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I see that they have Nespresso machines in there, can one also request a tea kettle?

I know that some types of coffee machines provide just hot water, but I've had a couple that also spit out coffee grounds (and had a faint taste of coffee).

THANKS,

Tom

This is a question I've asked before, and people have told me to just use the Nespresso machines, but I know exactly what you're talking about with the faint taste of coffee and grounds in there. It's just not the same! I've had tea kettles in suites on RC and X, and I'm going to ask on our next cruise. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 6:11 AM, mickey89 said:

We sailed YC in 2020, asked butler for a sunlounger for our veranda and one appeared within the hour.

Good to see this! We're on Seascape in September and our balcony on deck 19 looks large enough to definitely accommodate one lounger in addition to the 2 chairs and little table/footstool they have out there. I plan on asking about that too.  

On 3/11/2023 at 9:23 PM, CarolnLarry said:

Made tea using Nepresso machine.  Always run a small cup of water first for whatever reason and then run hot water for tea.  Never had a balcony on MSC big enough for a lounger.  If you have a large balcony ask your room steward and see what happens Enjoy!!!!!!

Good idea about running the small cup of water first. In fact, my husband never uses the Nespresso machine anyway, so if I can figure it out, it will only be used for my hot water for tea.